Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2023, 02:02 AM

Default Plugins missing in Pro Tools Plugins folder

I'm desperate!! 14 of my Pro Tools plugins were deactivated/kicked out from the original iLok when my Mac Pro OSX 10.5.8 Leopard crashed, after I got it fixed (installed new OSX) & reinstalled PT (HD7.3.1) I transferred all licenses over to a new iLok 2 (iLok 3 not compatible).

Everytime I start up PT, I still get a pop-up window saying those kicked-out plugins from the original iLok are all deactivated cuz they’re not present in the PT plugins folder. However, they're all showing in my iLok manager as acitvated & available, just not in ProTools folder.

I’ve contacted Avid about this but there’s no support for my old products. I bought the computers, PT software with all the plugins from Guitar Center in 2007 and they installed everything for me. I don't have the original discs and don't know how to get those 14 plugins back in the PT plugins folder so I can finish working.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg About this Mac.jpg (47.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 14 Missing Plugins.jpg (65.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-16-2023, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Plugins missing in Pro Tools Plugins folder

Welcome to the forum.

Seems it's not a ilok thing, just the plugins missing from the plugin folder.

First thought; was there a function of PT back then to move plugins out of the plugin folder (perhaps into 'Unused plugins' folder) when they didn't work for some reason? I might be imagining this.

You might try a search of the whole mac, you might find them, or their installers. Assuming you don't have a backup.

You might be able to contact the plugin developers, if they still exist, and get a hold of the old installers, or, if you tell us the specifics, someone here might be able to provide some of them at least. We have a lot of old-timers here who very often have archives.
Old 04-16-2023, 05:26 PM

Hi, welcome to the community.

You have a version mismatch. Running 10.5.8 and 7.3.1 is not going to be working, as first PT working on Leopard was 7.4.2

Compatibility info here.
Old 04-17-2023, 11:06 PM

Thanks for welcoming me to the community, I'll see if I could get more detailed info of those missing plugins... just overwhelmed.
Old 04-17-2023, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post

You have a version mismatch. Running 10.5.8 and 7.3.1 is not going to be working, as first PT working on Leopard was 7.4.2

Compatibility info here.
I didn't know they're not compatible cuz they worked well together for 10 years (many song productions since then), with all the plugins in the original iLok, until the crash and those 14 plugins were "kicked out" from the plulgins folder... I'm confused, as they're still available on iLok manager (iLok 2), just deactivated and missing in the PT plugins folder.
Old 04-18-2023, 02:42 AM

Now you know.

This is an example of what may happen totally randomly if you try to run unsupported combination of operating system and Pro Tools.
Old 04-18-2023, 06:52 AM

Quote:
I'm confused, as they're still available on iLok manager (iLok 2), just deactivated and missing in the PT plugins folder.
FYI, just because you see licenses in your iLok account or on the iLok device doesn’t mean the software will run on your system if you have incompatible software.

Last edited by its2loud; 04-18-2023 at 07:04 AM.
Old 04-18-2023, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
FYI, just because you see licenses in your iLok account or on the iLok device doesn’t mean the software will run on your system if you have incompatible software.
…in fact, it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s installed at all.
Old 04-19-2023, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post

Compatibility info here.
Thanks for this information, JF, I've been going at it the wrong way...

GC Pro (Guitar Center) sold us the Mac Pro, PT software & plugins, there's no way they gave us a mis-match, and I've done many productions out of this combo. I probably had Tiger back but they installed a Leopard instead when my computer was taken to reformat & reinstall, the only thing I needed to 'upgrade' was the iLok 2 cuz those plugins weren't compatible with the original iLok anymore when my hard drive crashed...

I'll look for the OS package and see if I could find the original OS to confirm this. I'll come back to this when all is cleared up.
Old 04-19-2023, 10:43 PM

Thanks everyone...