Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2023, 06:34 PM

Default Only Siri and WebEx not picking up audio from mic connected through HD Omni. Why?

Webex not being able to hear anything from my mic is killing me.

I'm on a 2016 Touchbar MacBook Pro running macOS Monterey with an HD Native and HD Omni connected. Everything else picks up audio from the mic (Zoom, Google meetings, etc.) but NOT Webex (which I need ASAP, like tomorrow) nor Siri. Why is this? Has anyone else experienced this and figured out how to fix it?
Avid Artist Transport | Genelec 8351b Monitors | Genelec 7360A Subwoofer x2 | Slate Digital VMS Virtual Microphone
Old 05-17-2023, 08:40 PM

Default Re: Only Siri and WebEx not picking up audio from mic connected through HD Omni. Why?

Can you manually change the MAC’s default recording device to the Omni?
Old 05-17-2023, 08:44 PM

Default Re: Only Siri and WebEx not picking up audio from mic connected through HD Omni. Why?

Have you granted "mic" privacy privileges to WebEx?

(I've resisted the opportunity to make fun of WebEx/WebEx users ).
Old 05-17-2023, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsureit View Post
Can you manually change the MAC’s default recording device to the Omni?

Yep. It’s set to HD Native. The Omni is connected via the Native box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Avid Artist Transport | Genelec 8351b Monitors | Genelec 7360A Subwoofer x2 | Slate Digital VMS Virtual Microphone
Old 05-17-2023, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Have you granted "mic" privacy privileges to WebEx?

(I've resisted the opportunity to make fun of WebEx/WebEx users ).

I have. No change. Also, yea, this is absolutely not my choice to use WebEx but it’s their product so I have to use it with them for the project….

Old 05-17-2023, 09:40 PM

What happens when you try to use the MacBook Pro's built in Mic for WebEx?

What IO port number(s) on the interface is the mic on? I'm wondering it WebEx is brain dead and trying to only say use IO port 1 or 1&2. I can't remember what settings for input devices are buried in WebEx. And can't recall if there are funky mute settings... that does ring a bell... like it was always used to start up in mute mode IIRC, we had to used to use it with a bank customer. Absolutely hated it vs Zoom or Google Meets.

I'd also try rebooting the Mac and with nothing else running just try WebEx with the laptops Mic. I'd also try reinstalling WebEx (and try redoing Mic privileges again).
Old 05-17-2023, 10:17 PM

Open a Pro Tools Session.

Create an Aux IO output with Pro Tools Audio Bridge

Create an Aux track in your session with the input set to the mic input,

Create a send on the track going out PTAB

Choose this PTAB as your input for WebEx.

Done. WebEx will not get your microphone.

There’s probably a simple solution to your problem but if you don’t have time to figure it out, this will work instead.
Old 05-17-2023, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
Open a Pro Tools Session.

Create an Aux IO output with Pro Tools Audio Bridge

Create an Aux track in your session with the input set to the mic input,

Create a send on the track going out PTAB

Choose this PTAB as your input for WebEx.

Done. WebEx will not get your microphone.

There’s probably a simple solution to your problem but if you don’t have time to figure it out, this will work instead.

Yea I was going to put it though PT but I can’t spare anymore resources. With my video enabled I can barely record half the damn demos of of the software as it is. This is really stupid. Didn’t have any problem with Google, Zoom was perfect, even freaking Microsoft Teams was fine. I don’t get why WebEx (and Siri) doesn’t work. It is just. Ugh fml

Old 05-17-2023, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
What happens when you try to use the MacBook Pro's built in Mic for WebEx?

What IO port number(s) on the interface is the mic on? I'm wondering it WebEx is brain dead and trying to only say use IO port 1 or 1&2. I can't remember what settings for input devices are buried in WebEx. And can't recall if there are funky mute settings... that does ring a bell... like it was always used to start up in mute mode IIRC, we had to used to use it with a bank customer. Absolutely hated it vs Zoom or Google Meets.

I'd also try rebooting the Mac and with nothing else running just try WebEx with the laptops Mic. I'd also try reinstalling WebEx (and try redoing Mic privileges again).

Yep. Zoom and MS crap works fine but not WebEx. WebEx works with the built in mic, which is what made me survive the non-crucial preliminary meetings but now I need the mic.

The meter is showing that this desk mic is on 2. It’s under the desk, so it’s the input at the back. The booth mic is on one I believe probably. I need the desk mic to work.

Old 06-15-2023, 01:26 PM

Has anyone found out how to fix this without using Pro Tools?