How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2017, 06:10 PM

Default Pro Tools 12 won't activate despite perpetual license plan

Hi,
Pro Tools 12.5 was working, and now on 12.7 it says I don't have any licenses in my account. I have a perpetual license plan that's active until the end of March. When I click on licenses in the application manager it says "not activated."

I have my iLok2 plugged in, latest version of the license manager is installed... "Pro Tools with Upgrade and Support Plan 2015" is showing up on the iLok in the license manager.

Annual upgrade plan is showing as active on my.avid.com...

I'm using a Mac Mini... Any ideas how to solve this? I tried the NVRAM reset suggestion I saw from another thread, but no dice.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:12 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 12 won't activate despite perpetual license plan

So, looks like I need a new license since it's 12.6 or later... Fortunately I have a 12.5.2 installation still downloaded on my computer. Hoping that works until the support case gets responded to...
Old 02-27-2017, 09:24 PM

And further, for anyone else who's at the level of panic that I was, just delete Pro Tools from your application folder, and then run your 12.5.2 installer, and you'll be back in business. It's working again. Hopefully I get the new license soon and 12.7 will have less video errors than 12.5 does!
Old 02-28-2017, 02:26 PM

New license did the trick. Quick turn around after I filled out the request with support online.