Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 04-24-2012, 05:06 PM
Avid

Default Re: BUG? selecting midi track arms record for selected track

One of the biggest differences between Mac and Win as far as Pro Tools is concerned is the scope of hardware used during internal testing. Since Apple controls the entire HW side and only has a few models we generally test across a wide subset of the available HW. The exact opposite is true for Windows. Our Windows testing is very heavily focused on the HP Z-series computers since these are bundled with Avid systems for post applications. Outside of that, there is a smattering of Dells but little else. Beta testers have some customized rigs and provide good coverage, but the permutations are vast. I'm sure this is not news to any of you but I think it's worth repeating from time to time so Windows users know what we are using internally when testing Pro Tools.
Old 04-24-2012, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpete View Post
Gorsat,

Does the problem occur if you disconnect your M-Audio keyboard?

For me...yes. Specifically the Oxygen61. When I remove the M-Audio keyboard from the MIDI controller setup....the MIDI tracks are not armed when selected. And, I am using Win 7 Pro on a Dell Precision machine.

- KB
Old 05-23-2012, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyda KB View Post
For me...yes. Specifically the Oxygen61. When I remove the M-Audio keyboard from the MIDI controller setup....the MIDI tracks are not armed when selected. And, I am using Win 7 Pro on a Dell Precision machine.

- KB
Hi all,

I got the same issue here and got it sinse I updated PT towards 10.1.2. Today I completely uninstalled PT and installed the latest version 10.2. trashed everything with the TRASHER app from guitardom (beautiful piece of work that app by the way) and still have the issue of auto record arming tracks when clicking on them.
I removed the M-Audio Keyboard type from the MIDI Controlers as mentioned by Matt and what do you know, the issue is gone !!!??!!!
I also updated my AxiomPro 61 driver and firmware today, to no avail unfortunately as well.

So what is going on here ? Something going on with the Hypercontrol or a small littly buggy got crawling in sinse 10.1.2 ?? I don't like insects :P

Any help is highly appreciated. As mentioned before this is causing a major disturbance in the workflow.

Regards, Luc
i7 5820K @ 3.3Ghz, 32Gb, Windows 7 Ulimate 64, 1x M.2 512 SSD, 1x Spinpoint F1 1TB, 2x Spinpoint F3 1TB, ProjectMix IO, Axiom Pro61, PreSonus Monitor Station,SM ProAudio Stage Buddy, KRK VXT6, AKG K271, SE220A, PT 12.4.0, AMT IEP, Omnisphere, Trilian, EWQL CCC, EWQL Spaces, Ministry Of Rock, Gypsy, Fab Four, NI Komplete 9 Ultimate, NI Maschine, ProjectSAM Orchestral Essentials, Waves V9 Musician 1, Morphoder, CL4

Old 05-23-2012, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpete View Post
Gorsat,

Does the problem occur if you disconnect your M-Audio keyboard?
I have also had this problem of instrument tracks arming themselves when making a selection. It will not happen when creating only one instrument track and/or selection. Creating additional instrument tracks will automatically arm the first track whether you instantiate an additional VI or not.

For me, this problem first appeared in PT 10.1.2. I reverted back to PT 10.0.1 and the problem went away. Trashing Prefs and databases did not solve this problem for me. Disconnecting the unit or removing the Axiom Pro 61 from the Setup/Peripherals menu does solve the problem as suggested by Matt.

So, it appears the problem may be how certain M-Audio keyboards interact with PT 10.1.2/10.2.0. Maybe how the Hyper Control interacts with these PT versions??

I have not been able to come up with a solution thus far. That said, this is the only problem I have had with PT 10.2.0 so I will live live with the Instrument Track auto/record arm problem until hopefully a fix comes in. Maybe from the M-Audio side (Axiom Pro driver/firmware update?).

Note that I have not tried the Axiom Pro using MIDI. I'm sure it would alleviate the problem however, you would lose all that Hyper Control has to offer.

Lou

EDIT: Posted a note over at the M-Audio Forum in the Keyboards/Controllers section to see if anyone is familiar with the auto/record/arm problem. If I get any results/fixes, I will post.

Lou
Avid Pro Tools Carbon, Eleven Rack (ERXP 2.0.1), Neve Shelford Channel, SSL Fusion Analog processor, Avid S1 Control Surface, Yamaha Montage 7 (also used as a MIDI controller), Korg Prologue 16 and Adam A7X Monitors.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.6, Logic Pro, VEP 7, Exponential Audio. Eventide, FabFilter. iZotope, McDSP, MDW, Softube, Sonnox, Soundtoys, Waves.

Last edited by luken26; 05-23-2012 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Left a message over at the M-Audio Forum
Old 05-29-2012, 02:14 AM

Bumped it up to keep in the eyes of Matt
i7 5820K @ 3.3Ghz, 32Gb, Windows 7 Ulimate 64, 1x M.2 512 SSD, 1x Spinpoint F1 1TB, 2x Spinpoint F3 1TB, ProjectMix IO, Axiom Pro61, PreSonus Monitor Station,SM ProAudio Stage Buddy, KRK VXT6, AKG K271, SE220A, PT 12.4.0, AMT IEP, Omnisphere, Trilian, EWQL CCC, EWQL Spaces, Ministry Of Rock, Gypsy, Fab Four, NI Komplete 9 Ultimate, NI Maschine, ProjectSAM Orchestral Essentials, Waves V9 Musician 1, Morphoder, CL4

Old 05-29-2012, 08:38 AM

No comments/replies from the M-Audio forum to date regarding this issue.

There is however a related thread in the PT 9 Mac forum here. http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t...i+record+track

It appears this problem may not be entirely a Win 7 problem.

Lou
Avid Pro Tools Carbon, Eleven Rack (ERXP 2.0.1), Neve Shelford Channel, SSL Fusion Analog processor, Avid S1 Control Surface, Yamaha Montage 7 (also used as a MIDI controller), Korg Prologue 16 and Adam A7X Monitors.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.6, Logic Pro, VEP 7, Exponential Audio. Eventide, FabFilter. iZotope, McDSP, MDW, Softube, Sonnox, Soundtoys, Waves.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:21 PM

Indeed no comments on M-Audio yet and Mac does seem to have a problem with this as well. What does surprised me however that on Mac this seemed to have apeared already in PT9. That's not the case in my situation, it only happened when I first installed 10.1.2. before never had this issue. Something was fixed and got broken again ?

Old 05-30-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludia View Post
Indeed no comments on M-Audio yet and Mac does seem to have a problem with this as well. What does surprise me however that on Mac this seemed to have apeared already in PT9. That's not the case in my situation, it only happened when I first installed 10.1.2. before never had this issue. Something was fixed and got broken again ?
I also did not experience this problem in PT 9 or PT 10. Like you (and others), it appeared in PT 10.1.2 and is present in PT 10.2.0.

I guess we will have to wait and see if we get a fix in a future update. No one to date has come up with a workaround other than to just be careful and unarm the offending Instrument Track.

Curious though as HyperControl is supposed to be tightly integrated with PT.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludia View Post
Hi all,

I got the same issue here and got it sinse I updated PT towards 10.1.2. Today I completely uninstalled PT and installed the latest version 10.2. trashed everything with the TRASHER app from guitardom (beautiful piece of work that app by the way) and still have the issue of auto record arming tracks when clicking on them.
Regards, Luc
Thanks!! Glad its helping.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 3-6-18)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 06-03-2012, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luken26 View Post
I have also had this problem of instrument tracks arming themselves when making a selection. It will not happen when creating only one instrument track and/or selection. Creating additional instrument tracks will automatically arm the first track whether you instantiate an additional VI or not.

For me, this problem first appeared in PT 10.1.2. I reverted back to PT 10.0.1 and the problem went away. Trashing Prefs and databases did not solve this problem for me. Disconnecting the unit or removing the Axiom Pro 61 from the Setup/Peripherals menu does solve the problem as suggested by Matt.

So, it appears the problem may be how certain M-Audio keyboards interact with PT 10.1.2/10.2.0. Maybe how the Hyper Control interacts with these PT versions??

I have not been able to come up with a solution thus far. That said, this is the only problem I have had with PT 10.2.0 so I will live live with the Instrument Track auto/record arm problem until hopefully a fix comes in. Maybe from the M-Audio side (Axiom Pro driver/firmware update?).
Is a function of direct link s/w for Axiom keys, now built into Tools 10. - so that the keyboard can auto-select & play VIs. Just turn off the peripherals driver when not required & the auto record select feature/problem goes away (then there's the latency & timing issues caused by having the instruments in record-ready when delay compensation is enabled.... But that's a whole diff bitch).

PD
MacPro 7,1 Big Sur 11.2. 16 core, 2TB, 192GB, Vega II 32GB. OWC Thunderbay 6, RME UFX+, UAD-2 quad PCIe, Decklink MiniMon 4k, Sonnet M.2 4x4. Dell U3419W & BenQ SW2700PT. FaderPort 16, Komplete Kontrol S61, Nuendo, Wavelab, Pro Tools Ultimate, Logic, Ableton Live. FinalCutPro, Resolve Studio.