Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2016, 07:49 PM

Default Please help, DAE error -7054 obstructs plugins

Hello folks. I'm an amateur producer with ProTools 10 and am having trouble with my stock plugins. (I'm 95% sure these are the plugins that come with ProTools) Roughly half of them won't open at all, and I get the message "The plug-in could not be made active because a DAE error was encountered. DAE error -7054.."

I've attached an image of the error, plus another which should show some of the plugins I have.

And while I'm here, does anyone know why a lot of my options are barred out? When I move my mouse over them they're un-barred so it's not too much of a problem compared to not being able to use my plugins at all, but it's still annoying.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2016-06-07 at 9.35.28 PM.png (26.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2016-06-07 at 9.47.07 PM.png (57.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-07-2016, 08:47 PM

Default Re: Please help, DAE error -7054 obstructs plugins

Can't tell you anything with zero system information.
Old 06-07-2016, 08:58 PM

Oh lets guess, you are running on Windows 10? And you expect Pro Tools 10 to work on Windows 10? Why? And you expect Avid to fix problems in a 2 major version old release? (you don't need a crystal ball to see there won't be any more updates for Pro Tools 10)..... when they are struggling to ship a working update to Pro Tools 12?
Old 06-07-2016, 09:18 PM

I like your style, Darryl.
Old 06-08-2016, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Oh lets guess, you are running on Windows 10? And you expect Pro Tools 10 to work on Windows 10? Why? And you expect Avid to fix problems in a 2 major version old release? (you don't need a crystal ball to see there won't be any more updates for Pro Tools 10)..... when they are struggling to ship a working update to Pro Tools 12?
After doing some detective work (I hate when this has to be done) looking at a couple of past (like 2013) posts of the op's it looks like he's on an iMac. See post 38 on page 4 of this thread: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=320227&page=4

I'm going to put on my Great Karnak hat and guess he's trying to run PT10 on ElCrapitan. This is assuming he's still on that iMac. And as we all know this is a recipe for disaster.

QAPLA!
Old 06-08-2016, 10:32 AM

........ok, let me try this again.

Sorry that I forgot to mention what OS I had. I realize this is important information that I should have shared.

Yes, I'm using El Crapitan. No, I don't like it but I've spent 20+ hours trying to downgrade and nothing's worked 'cause I didn't have a backup of a previous OS.

So I'm not the most tech savvy person. And although I'm comfortable with the basics of ProTools, I have BIG gaps in my knowledge. It's why I'm here asking for help in the first place. Ultimately I just want to get a working version of ProTools with plugins, so if anybody can help me work through this I'd appreciate it. Just let me know what more info you might need me to share 'cause I have no idea.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:47 AM

As the wearer of the funny hat said... recipe for disaster.

What was your rollback/recovery plan if the OS X upgrade failed? Did you not read the hundreds and hundreds of posts on DUC about people having problems with El Capitan? Why the hell would you upgrade to that?

You should be making pre-upgrade clones sign carbon copy cloner to a separate boot disk.

And I'm betting you did an insitu OS X upgrade... bad idea, and not recommended by Avid. Instead you should be doing full clean OS X installs and reinstalling all the software each time you (carefully) decide to upgrade OS X versions.

You need to get Pro Tools 10 on a supported OS X version. And what versions of OS X your Mac supports depends on what Mac you have, and what installers you can get access to. Worse case you may have friends with installers or can try calling Apple support and trying to beg them to get you access to a previous version installer. They may charge you for that call, pay the money.

Or you need to upgrade to Pro Tools 12. But be aware of the issues folks are having with 12.5, they *might* be fixed with a 12.5.1 release expected soon.

And you are making it a PITA for people trying to help you. With no clue what version/config for your Mac (Model/data name, CPU specs, memory, disk(s) make/model). Nobody here can guess downgrading to what OS X is possible or if the Mac is suitable for Pro Tools 12, etc. Start at the "help us help you" link up the top of this web page to see what type of information is expected here.

If all this is greek to you then consider taking the Mac to a repair center and pay them to get a usable version of OS X reinstalled for you. Set up Carbon Copy Cloner, show you how to use that/boot off a clone etc.