Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2010, 09:01 AM

Exclamation Audible Audio does not match WAV files!?!?

If you can figure this out... I'll buy you a pizza.

My specs:
Powermac Dual G5 2.2
4 GB RAM
002 Rack
PT 7.4.2 cs4
Music Production Toolkit 2

PT was running fine prior to this event. I decided to reformat my HD and install a fresh copy of 10.5.8 to clean up my box. I've only recorded one session of drums since the clean OS install. In this session, I noticed that the WAV files on the timeline do not match the audio I am hearing! I will hear a snare or kick and its not in the WAV. And in some spots on the WAV, I'll see what looks to be a snare hit, but audibly -- no snare hit.

From what I can remember of the session, the audio I am hearing is correct. The WAV files on the timeline are showing incorrect data. At first, I was wondering if it was playing an alternative playlist that wasn't visible, but in this one in particular session, there is only a single playlist for each drum channel.

I have opened up sessions that I recorded previously to the clean install and everything seems to be correct (as far as I can tell).

What is going on?? I really need this fixed because I am using Beat Detective and it's not working properly due to the incorrectly drawn WAV files. How do I fix this??
Old 04-13-2010, 09:17 AM

Default Re: Audible Audio does not match WAV files!?!?

Try throwing out the overview file wavecache.wfm. Protools will create a new on when you open the session again. That file could be corrupt and giving you that error.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:17 AM

Did you try the 'recalculate waveform overviews' command? It's in the region bin dropdown menu.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:36 AM

Jazzdrumr - deleting the wavecache did not correct the problem, but thank you for the input.

Shady - recalculating waveform overview command did work from the bit of audio I was looking at. Thanks! But my question is now... why did that happen in the first place? and will I have to do this on all my sessions now? Ive never had to use that command before.

Thank you for the help(s)