Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 09-21-2021, 04:40 AM

Default Sweetwater CEO steps down … next GC?

More info:

https://gearspace.com/board/so-much-...n-next-gc.html

This just mooks to become a disaster a la Gibson etc

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 09-22-2021, 04:43 AM

Default Re: Sweetwater CEO steps down … next GC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
More info:

https://gearspace.com/board/so-much-...n-next-gc.html

This just mooks to become a disaster a la Gibson etc
Sad. Explains why I got an email from my long-time 'sales engineer' who had been with the company for like 15 years that he was leaving and another person would pick up my account.

They were a good company to deal with if you had a problem. Example: some years back I ordered a Moog Voyager rack mount synth and a DSI PolyEvolver rack mount synth. The PE crapped out after a couple of days. Called up my guy, told him what happened and the synth was picked up by UPS the next day. Less than a week later I get a UPS delivery with the new synth. They had to have shipped the new one when they started the pick-up process and didn't wait to get the original one back. Nice work.

Near as I know there's no one in the US that has the product depth that Sweetwater has.

QAPLA!
Old 10-11-2021, 07:09 AM

As I noted several times in that GS thread..... Despite what the harbingers of doom on GS predict .. It is all pure speculation at this point.

As an industry Private Equity has about an 80/20 % overall track record , that is 80% of time the business being purchased thrives and often keeps or expands , products and services, and keeps or even expands employees .... the other 20% do however involve cost cutting, reduction in services, and contraction of employment. BUT this most often occurs with bloated Publicly Traded companies, or private companies which are already on a downturn profit or revenue wise . Sweetwater is not only a private company but is a profitable
company.

I could be wrong but at this point I am guessing any employee leaving is for some other reason, then forced contraction by the company .

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...

Last edited by K Roche; 10-11-2021 at 04:04 PM.
Old 10-11-2021, 01:58 PM

I agree. I see no reason at this point to think any sweeping changes are forthcoming. For one thing, I doubt the owner would have sold out to anyone who had a track record of ruining great businesses. Secondly, anyone with a modicum of business saavy could quickly see just how loyal and hard working the SW employees are as well as how loyal the customer base is. First rule of business, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I suspect any changes we might see will only be improvements. If not...they are only a 2 hour drive away from me...I know right where they are!