Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 10-22-2021, 07:59 AM

Default Re: How many people have wiped their computer and done a completely clean is installl

Time Machine and/or Migration Assassin kind of nullify the purpose of clean install. You get all the garbage back. Clean install means installing all software from installers, manually. One by one. There is no shortcut.
Old 10-22-2021, 10:21 AM

Default Re: How many people have wiped their computer and done a completely clean is installl

Yeah I know all that

In the first few posts on this thread I bit the bullet, And did do a clean install

I understand if you missed all that

like completely ground up install of Big Sur,.. thinking maybe something was wrong at the root level because the lack of anyone complaining on this site I thought it must be just me.

but after two days and my hand about to fall off from typing codes installs of every plug-in....

it was about the same level of crap from the previous version.. errors, hangs at the end of bounces.. with nothing on the bus chain.

I took most of the plug-ins and out… And didn’t see a significant change in behavior so at this point, this stance of "clean install blah blah etc. etc. "

I did it., I did it [twice] myself ... thinking 2 days of non work to get back to "just normal" DAW level

it might work for some but I did the hard work and it does not work in my case sorry

Having to do this knife edge dance for such a ridiculous and not small publicly traded companies program is really makes me go …Cross

Ventura ,PT 2022.10, MacbookPro 13"[2020] M1 16G, Antelope Orion 32+ Gen3..SSL Sigma summing, SMART Comp C1LA, CharterOak EQP-1 Oceanway Audio HR4S monitors . SSL X-Rack w XR618 compressors, dbx 160x [2]
Old 10-22-2021, 10:28 AM

Top tip for plugin installing, change your password to one letter like 'a' so the installing process is faster. For that you need to manually change security profile to accept one character passwords, but it is rather easy and can be revertrd back to normal policy just as easy. Some knowledge on how Terminal works is required, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-2021, 10:38 AM

hey Janne
thats a good tip..thx
I hope... Hope
this will be in my rearview soon
My old timemachine... took me all the way back to Mojave. 2021.3?

in a second I could tell that the whole computer was quicker. login in etc
But..

Now since Mojave is at the Bottom of the food chain of qualified

I "should" go to Catalina to be closer?

Catalina had like 7 revisions before . what I think is the final one and the one that some pros [mtrx,atmos movie ppl] here are using.

Big Sur.. seems to be SW to accomodate M1s and avid has diddled about and made the screen redraws sluggish .. or didnt address this

this sluggish alone , never mind the errors, w nothing in the session, makes using PT more of a grind..

Ventura ,PT 2022.10, MacbookPro 13"[2020] M1 16G, Antelope Orion 32+ Gen3..SSL Sigma summing, SMART Comp C1LA, CharterOak EQP-1 Oceanway Audio HR4S monitors . SSL X-Rack w XR618 compressors, dbx 160x [2]
Old 10-23-2021, 06:52 PM

OK I finally inched up to Catalina and it seems to be working fine with 2021.7… I hope… Really hope… This is the magic combination for now with this 12 core trashcan