Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 12-15-2016, 09:54 PM

Default Recording Guitar through Eleven Rack

I have an Eleven Rack connected SPDIF into a separate audio interface. It was working flawlessly up to a moment ago, then it's like i smacked head-first into a brick wall.

I don't know what happened or if my settings got changed but when i record arm a track, with the I/O settings telling the guitar to send the signal to the interface, I'm not getting any signal.

What are some troubleshooting steps I could do? I can record midi just fine, but not guitar. Did I press the wrong button somewhere? It was working so well a moment ago. Then I booted up a new session and made a new guitar track and nothing. No signal is showing up.

Perhaps this sort of thing would come easier to me if i was an engineer rather than an undead goat. I'm finding it difficult to describe my situation so i'll break it down this way: If you were recording guitar through eleven rack connected to a separate audio interface and your guitar tracks no longer got a signal, what are some of the things you'd look for to correct it? Assuming of course that everything is plugged in and in working condition.
Old 12-15-2016, 10:04 PM

Default Re: Recording Guitar through Eleven Rack

Start at one end and pull on the string.

S/PDIF out on ER connected to S/PDIF in on the interface? (no seriously check, unplug/replug etc.).

You playing live guitar into the Eleven Rack? Connect headphones to headphone out. You hear the amplified guitar thought the Rig there?

If so check S/PDIF Out is set to mirror main out. (or something else you want it set to). Under User Options.

If not make sure Rig Input is set to Guitar In, that all the volumes are turned up and try different Rig presets.

Overall with debugging you need to get used to using the meters on the front panel display, they are very helpful. Scroll Far right in the Rig View and you will find the meters hiding there. Do they move at all when you play the guitar?

If not then suspect the guitar, cable, volume knob not turned up, try a different guitar and cable, etc.

Can't help with the Goat thing.