Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI

Old 09-02-2013, 03:57 PM

Default MIDI panning issues

this new problem i have in PT 9.0.6 is that from out of nowhere, the MIDI sounds will pan hard right randomly. anyone else have this issue? sometimes i can't tell if it's the MIDI track or if it's the instrument track. sometimes it will show on the edit window if i go to the pan view, it will just for some reason pan either left or right, and other times, it won't show, it will be centered but still audibly, the MIDI sounds will inevitably have panned when i clearly have not done anything. i am not sure if it's my controller. i have an m-audio keystation pro 88, which has to be about 4 years old by now and is complete crap. but, i unplugged it and used my oxygen 8 and the same issues still happened. anyone else experienced these issues? the budget at the moment right now cannot afford me a new keyboard or PT 11, and this issue is really frustrating.....especially when i work through mostly MIDI at the moment
Old 09-03-2013, 02:57 PM

Default Re: MIDI panning issues

Are you on a mac?

If so, grab a copy of Snoize MIDI monitor:

http://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/

...and see if you can figure out where the random panning messages are coming from. I have had keyboards that output pitch wheel info randomly before, so what you're describing certainly sounds like it could be from the keyboard, but the only way to know for sure is to see what's actually going on.

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Old 09-03-2013, 06:41 PM

Default Re: MIDI panning issues

thank you so much. i'm gonna definitely try this out