How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 05-11-2010, 05:08 AM

Default Re: Eucon -> Protools

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuCon Support View Post
MC Control v1 will still work. Functionally, v2 will be the same but the hardware will be much better.

The mkII screen is much improved. The backlit LED screen is brighter, better color, better viewing angle, etc... and better build quality.

The new encoders require less initial inertia to rotate which makes them feel much much smoother.

The Jog wheel is also improved.

All MC Control mkI's will continue to work.

Wow.

So...is there a V2 of the Mc Mix in the works too?
Old 05-11-2010, 08:35 AM

Yeah the MC Control v2 is on the top of my list as well. As soon as they announce full Eucon compat that is. Hoping that it won't be a 8.x upgrade cause I'd like to stick with 7.4.2
Old 05-17-2010, 01:02 AM

Dear Eucon support and Digi tech support, you know what would make me wet my pants?

A new (surround) monitor control unit for the artist series, that would work in the same way as the Neyrinck/TAC V-Mon.

That would be super cool.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeromeOD View Post
Wow.

So...is there a V2 of the Mc Mix in the works too?
YES AVID! EUCON! WHOEVER CAN ANSWER THIS QUESTION. Is there a v2 of the mc mix? I would be pissed if I bought a couple mc mixes just to find out v2 is coming in a couple of months.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:03 PM

Argh! I wanna know all these things too! I don't think they'll tell us anything for awhile. I don't doubt full Eucon support is coming but it'll probably be a long time. I've been waiting to upgrade this Motormix here and I will wait some more.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:21 PM

I think anyone that thinks EuCon for ProTools will be available for any ProTools earlier than 8.1 is smoking something very good and should pass it around . Upgrading *will* be mandatory - and in my case, a new Mac(intel) to replace my PBG4!

C'mon, it may be a new Avid, but it's still Avid. Remember 8.0.1 PPC!
Old 05-24-2010, 07:15 PM

Talking Re: Eucon -> Protools

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigas View Post
I think anyone that thinks EuCon for ProTools will be available for any ProTools earlier than 8.1 is smoking something very good and should pass it around . Upgrading *will* be mandatory - and in my case, a new Mac(intel) to replace my PBG4!

C'mon, it may be a new Avid, but it's still Avid. Remember 8.0.1 PPC!
I tend to agree with this - how can you really add a new feature with backwards compatibility? moving forward means embracing new technologies and sometimes leaving the old behind.

I was sad to leave my trusty Mbox v1 behind, but alas there is always dilemma in the world of computer electronics: meet future requirements and leave the old behind unsupported, or maintain full support and be restricted by the limitations of past technologies?

I think we all know deep inside that in order for new things to emerge we must all embrace the technology of the present and not be bound bound by our past.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatBuddah View Post
@ Xuser

The integration with Cubase and Nuendo is actually really really deep.

Cubase and Nuendo have a Studio/Monitor section that Maps to the CR knob - Logic does not have this.

Also do not forget that the DYN knobset is not available in logic. It IS in Nuendo and Cubase.

The Wheel edit functions available in Cubase and Nuendo are also more in depth.

The Artist Series works well with Metric Halo MIO also.

I would disagree with your statement that EuCon is Logic-centric. Far from it!!!
What?

Your talking about one feature a Knob.... ( The Control Room) which is an integrated part of Cubase and Nuendo. Its not anything to do with EUCON. The very fact you have some buttons to operate that side of the software is great but it doesn't negate the fact that EUCON abilities on Cubase compared to Logic are stunted. Have you used it with Logic and Cubase?

NOT being able to control any soft synths with the artist series on Cubase is not what I would call really deep integration. Im talking the most basic stuff that the cheapest generic controller can do these days but the artists series doesn't. You get no control over soft synths at all. Thats nowhere near as good as using a Mackie with Cubase because with that I can control every single parameter of any soft synth

But with Logic it controls everything, and I mean everything. Just install any soft synth and you can control it straight away. FOr people like me who use mostly soft synths thats a pretty big deal. Yes I can control EQ, compressor plugins with cuabse, but guess what, not all of them.

In case you hadnt noticed Buddah every single demo on the Euphonix site with the artist series was with Logic. Every single ad on the web and magazines showed an Apple Mac+ Euphonix +Logic. I never saw one with Cubase.

The more expensive Euphoniox controllers can do it al with Nuendo so maybe your confused?

So I totally disagree with your statement that its very deep becasue it most certainly isnt if your want to control soft synths. I have more control using a Novation Sl thing with Cubase than I do with the artist series.

Ive seen the artist series working with PTs and again its nothing like as elegant and integrated as it is with logic BECAUSE it doesnt use the EUCON protocol. Its a bit clunky. But thats going to change obviously now that Avid have bought the company.

Hey I welcome this news btw. I'm undecided whether to sell them or not. Im going to be moving back to PTs anyway, but on a PC. I was a PTs HD user five years ago. I dont like Cubase now, I hate the whole multiple windows thing now and now Pts has much better soft synth adn midi integration Im ready to return, and yes Ive missed the audio editing a lot. So this is my dilemma now. I fully expect PTs on the Mac to have full EUCON integration before the PC but Im not going to wait two years. I would like some news on this but I doubt that will be forthcoming any time soon.

So right now I totally disagree with you and will state again that the Artist Series as it currently stands is Logic Centric. But again, I know that will change now that Avid have taken over Euphonix. News that I fully welcome. But lets not be luddite about this. The thing was made for Logic, anyone can see that. Just like the Duet was. All nice and silver, very Apple looking
Old 05-30-2010, 11:57 AM

well I suppose this belongs in a different thread but...

I think you missed my point. EuCon integration is very good in Logic, but it is also very good in Steinbergs DAWs. Calling it Logic-centric implies that Logic integration is bar-none. They are just different. (not to argue of semantics)

I have used both Nuendo and Logic with these surfaces and I must say that the the amount of wheel edit modes in Steinbergs stuff is way ahead of Logics. Lack of Synth control is a bit weak though ;-)

So to bring this back to Pro Tools: hopefully the lessons and experience from working with Logic and Steinberg will give Euphonix (Avid) enough wisdom to make a really kick-arse Pro Tools EuCon integration.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:03 PM

Yeah however long that's going to be. 1 month? 6 months? 10 years? Throw us a freakin bone avid.