Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Pro Tools Express on Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2014, 10:30 PM

Default Pro Tools "Not Responding" While Bouncing Audio to Disk

While trying to bounce audio from my session to disk, pro tools turns gray and Give a not responding error message and forces me to shut down pro tools. I've tried everything I can think of (BTW I'm new to pro tools). It wasn't doing this when I first installed pro tools. Does anybody have any suggestions on what to do? I'm kinda in a bind here...
Old 12-19-2014, 10:33 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools "Not Responding" While Bouncing Audio to Disk

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTPBAND View Post
While trying to bounce audio from my session to disk, pro tools turns gray and Give a not responding error message and forces me to shut down pro tools. I've tried everything I can think of (BTW I'm new to pro tools). It wasn't doing this when I first installed pro tools. Does anybody have any suggestions on what to do? I'm kinda in a bind here...
BTW, in regards to my last post, after pro tools having to be forcefully shut down, two audio files show up where the bounce location was. They are not full of audio, they give an error message when opened.
Old 12-20-2014, 12:47 AM

It happens to me when I bounce to disk. Windows will go to the 'waiting ring' icon but the bounce is working fine in the background. It will ask to shut down only if I click on something. The bounce finishes just fine though.

I believe the cure might be to turn off aero. Look up windows optimisations on the avid website..
Old 12-20-2014, 03:33 AM

Try stopping (disable it) the below Windows service if you want the control back. Use at own risk. I've used it successfully for years with PT8, 9 and 10.

Desktop Window Manager Session Manager.