Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 03-29-2012, 12:34 PM

Question PT10/Digi 003 - Error occurred while trying to load the controller personality "003"

Hey guys, I am having an issue with my Digi 003 Console and PT10 and am getting an error when starting PT: Error occurred while trying to load the controller personality "003". The Audio driver is working fine in my sessions and in windows in general, but I can no longer control PT with the 003. A couple of things happened recently which makes it hard to troubleshoot exactly what the problem is so let me list the recent changes and possible causes for this error:

1. Upgraded from PT9.0.6 to PT10.0.0 and then updated to PT10.0.1 - everything worked fine for a while and then all of a sudden PT crashed while I was working (I tried opening a plugin during payback) requiring I end the process in Task Manager and restart, the 003 still had all settings from the session after closing and I has to flip the power switch in the back to reset it. I did NOT reopen PT before the next change happened, this has happened before so I didn't think too much of it.

2. Installed Novation Nocturn - I installed the Nocturn and updated everything before I opened PT again and that's when I first got the error (Error occurred while trying to load the controller personality"003"). I proceeded to set up the nocturn by enabling MIDI input and enabling HUI for it but it still didn't help. I have read before that the nocturn has caused conflicts with other controllers so I uninstalled everything to see if that was it and I still get the error.

3. I uninstalled the 003 driver and reinstalled the latest driver I could find - still got the error.

4. I completely uninstalled PT10 (files, HD Driver, Midi files, etc.), restarted the comp, and the re-installed it again - still get the error.

I am now stuck and fear that the 003 is either fried, or that I will need to reformat AGAIN, which I just did recently and would not be very happy to have to do it again. I installed SiSoftware Sandra but it keeps crashing on me, as soon as I can get a report out of it I will post it here, basic comp specs are in my gear list in my sig. Please help me get my Digi 003 working with PT again, thanks!
Old 03-29-2012, 01:21 PM

Default Re: PT10/Digi 003 - Error occurred while trying to load the controller personality "0

I think I fixed it by uninstalling everything and deleting all folders left over, then cleaning the registry and reinstalling PT first and then the 003 driver. So far so good, hope this continues to work!
Old 03-13-2015, 07:17 AM

Default Re: PT10/Digi 003 - Error occurred while trying to load the controller personality "0

hello friends, the last week my Digi 003 gave the same message ' Error occurred while trying to load the controller personality 003, How did u do ? please help me with this
Old 03-13-2015, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericollante View Post
hello friends, the last week my Digi 003 gave the same message ' Error occurred while trying to load the controller personality 003, How did u do ? please help me with this
Welcome to the DUC. To get you the best help, you need to do a few things.
#1-instead of "thread jumping" a 3 year old thread, you should start a new thread.
#2-include lots of information. Read this thread http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=300050 and post a Sandra report(if you run a PC) and details on any other hardware, as well as exact versions of your OS and your version of Pro Tools.
#3-if you also are trying to use a Nocturn(as this OP was) be aware that the Nocturn totally hosed my 003 setup and I had to remove it completely
#4-things to try in the meantime; trash database and prefs, uninstall and re-install Pro Tools(if you are on PT9 or later, you MUST also remove the HD driver, regardless of your hardware),
#5-maybe should have been #1...never(as in NEVER) plug or unplug the firewire cable with everything powered ON. Doing that can(and usually will) fry the FW board in the 003, the computer or both(learned the hard way)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 12-07-2015, 10:09 PM

controller personality "003" Fix for Windows 7
I had the same issue did everything in every forum and i still had my 003 console faders not working and the famous controller personality 003.
turns out to be that i had fl studio installed so i did the following
(1) uninstalled fl studio 12
(2) launched pro tools 10.3.9 with 003 console on and it worked
(3) re install fl studio 12 but do not install any of the 2 Asio drivers
and that fixed my issue my 003 controller is now working flawless and my fl studio 12 is working too
i guess 003 windows 7 and pro tools 9 and up with asio drivers dont like each other cheers
Old 12-14-2015, 08:36 PM

Thank you mate! this solve my problem. Cheers!