Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2007, 03:20 PM

Default Need help with BFD

I'm posting this on several different forums including the DUC's Virtual Instrument forum and Mac LE forums.....

I'm having a nightmarish experience with BFD which I just received today!!!!

I'm using LE 7.3.1 with 10.4.9 and BFD 1.5.45

At this point I've 'successfully' (I thought) installed BFD, loaded drum kits and got them functioning with instrument tracks and midi tracks....I can trigger the BFD's sounds from my external controller and by using the mouse to click on the individual drums on the BFD page...so far so good....I can also record the BFD on the instrument and/or the midi track.....so far, everything seems to be functioning as it should.......but....

I really want to use the 'Groove Librarian' function in a drag & drop fashion to construct some 'songs'........Following the manual's instructions, I'm able to drag any selected 'Groove Bundle' into Bank A or B and I'm able to drag any of the 'Fills' into the 'Fills' bank without any probs.....however, I'm not able to audition either the 'Grooves' or the 'Fills' by using the method explained in the manual..... which is to hold down the 'shift' key and click on the 'groove' or 'fill' I want to audition.....as soon as I do that, the dreaded spinning ball appears and PT quits.....same thing happens if I try to 'drag and drop' a fill or groove into a midi track or the regions bin.....every single time!!!!

In my attempts to find a solution I've done the following.....

-I did the usual 'cleaning out' of Pro Tools....trashing volumes...databases...etc.
-I've uninstalled and re-installed Pro Tools...twice
-I've shut down and restarted the computer several thousand times....today...

I'm thinking that there is an obvious compatibility issue here but can't seem to find out what I'm supposed to fix or where the problem lies.....

I sure would appreciate anyone's help here!!!!

Thanks,
Scott

Mac OS 10.9
PT 11.1.1
Eleven Rack