Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 06-16-2007, 08:29 PM

Default Midi woes resulting from upgrades

On Thursday 6/14 I upgraded to Tiger (10.4.9) and LE 7.3.1 and it's been a nightmarish experience so far. I won't go into too much detail because everything seems to be working right now....well, for the past several minutes anyway.
When I finally got around to opening up some of my 6.4 sessions..... all midi tracks assigned to my Kurzweil PC1X were missing their patch assignments #'s (which appear below the record. solo. & mute buttons in the edit window). All the other midi data seems to be in place for all tracks.... it's just the sound assignments are all wrong now....!!!!!! Piano on the kick drum track.....mellow string pad on the bass track...etc
Hopefully I'm not going to have to remember and reassign all of those sounds again??? That will really be a drag as I have a huge amount of material that is still in midi-only format ........isn't that why we save program changes?? I can't think of any logical reason why only the patch assignment info would dissappear from a saved session file but everything else has remained OK....!
Anyone have any guesses as to what might have happened here?

-Scott

Mac OS 10.9
PT 11.1.1
Eleven Rack
Old 06-17-2007, 02:58 PM

Default Re: Midi woes resulting from upgrades

I was wondering if anyone on here is still running LE 6.4 with Panther?
If so, I'd like to ask a favor....that is if I could e-mail one of my 6.4 .pts sessions to see if these patch change #'s in question will show up in some version other than LE 7.3.1....This problem is very baffling........the patch change #'s are correct on other external midi devices but not on the Kurzweil's midi tracks......is it an Apple?...Kurzweil?.....or Digidesign issue? It's definitely not on my end as I just played alot of these tracks the other day and they all had their proper midi patch assignments in place...... and some haven't been opened in several weeks or months but are now all missing the patch # info!
I'd appreciate anyone's help here!

Thanks,
Scott

Mac OS 10.9
PT 11.1.1
Eleven Rack
Old 06-17-2007, 05:48 PM

I'm having major woes from this upgrade as well. it is by far the most problematic PT upgrade yet.

you have my sympathies.

i am sadly with out advice.

Gosta Kraken
Old 06-17-2007, 06:17 PM

for my triton, program changes are saved as sysex data, that might be a good place to investigate while trouble shooting