Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2007, 03:11 PM

Default New Dell Monitor-Drivers

I just put a new Dell 17" on the Venue and it looks like poo. Question is-- should I put the drivers on the Venue that came with the monitor and if so how??

Thanks

Scott
Old 12-19-2007, 03:43 PM
Avid

Default Re: New Dell Monitor-Drivers

Hi Scott,

The D-Show interface uses a fixed resolution of 1024x768. This may appear stretched on some monitors, especially "widescreen" displays.

You shouldn't need to install any device-specific drivers to achieve a good display. If it's not the stretching effect you're seeing tell us a bit more about what looks wrong, and we'll see if we can figure it out. We use a number of Dell displays on our test systems and they

Sheldon
Old 12-19-2007, 04:46 PM

Sheldon,

No problem with "stretching"--the biggest issue is it's all washed out. especially on the plug in page. The settings on the monitor right now for brightness anc contrast are 50 on each, I tried a bunch of different combinations and none of them seemed to improve it. I tried the monitor on my regular computer and it seems fine. Other stuff The blacks on the input tab (at the bottom) seem OK, the blacks on the options/devices seem OK, but the plug ins are really washed out (video not audio )

Scott
Old 12-21-2007, 10:02 AM
Avid

Hmmm....it'd be worth connecting the monitor to another PC and setting the PC's video resolution to 1024 x 768, and comparing it to what you see when connected to the console. Some monitors are optimized for a higher resolution, and don't perform as well at lower resolutions.

Also, try putting the old monitor back on the console and see if everything looks as expected. It could be a faulty VGA connection.

Sheldon
Old 12-21-2007, 12:32 PM

Thanks Sheldon I'll try your suggestion, I have another 17" that I am going to try this weekend and see if it looks any different. I love the larger screen but yuck on what it looks like.

Scott