Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Old 06-05-2009, 04:25 AM

Default Elastic Audio file/region naming

Hi,

this is not really a big thing, but it can be very confusing. Here is what i do:

I record some audio on a non Elastic Audio-enabled track (my Rec-Track). I have set up a separate track with EA enabled. Now if i want to fix some timing in the audio track, i drag the region to the EA-enabled track (let's call it EA-Track). After i did my editing (quantizing warp-markes manually), i then drag the region, which is now EA-enabled to a new track (not EA-enabled) which becomes my final track for this instrument. The region then turns into a non EA-enabled region, a rendered region or whatever.

So far everything works ok. What i've noticed is that the region name, even after renaming it, does not reflect the file name, or in other words, renaming the region does not rename the file. Looks like this in region window when ich turn on "Show filename":

RecChannel-05.wav/BassGTR-02

The name RecChannel-05.wav is of course also the real name on disk in Audio files folder. The name BassGTR-02 is th name of the region in the session. Only when i consolidate the region, then the name of the region also becomes the name of the file on disk.

Is there any way that this behaviour can be changed or what i am missing? I really would like to have the same region/file name as i am exchanging files with other musicians and getting a file name like RechChannel-05.wav does not really help.

In my opinion the name should change as soon as i drag the region from an EA-enabled track to a non-EA-enabled track and therefore commiting the region or rendering it or so.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,
Bertrand