Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 07-22-2008, 09:54 PM

Default Memory Locations creating with Apple Wireless Keyboard

Hi All,

I'm running an apple wireless keyboard (no numeric pad on the right) with a macbook pro - when i'm hitting enter in tools to create a new marker, it automatically takes me back to the start of the session. I'm doing the long way of bringing up window, memory location and using the drop down function to create a new marker, however, this is very time consuming. Anyone else experienced this or can offer a suggestion of modifying this would really help out!

Thanks
Old 07-23-2008, 07:04 AM

Get a new keyboard with the numeric keys?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 07-23-2008, 08:01 AM

Kind expensive but I picked up a wireless G5 style keyboard from Logic Keyboards and its working fine. Its the same thing as the USB Mac Pro Tools Keyboard but bluetooth.

While its not as slender as the new style keyboard it just fits into my (17'') laptop case.

The added girth of the G5 wireless keyboard could come in handy during a bar brawl or location recording in a honytonk This thing will not be skating around your desk like the new wireless apple one.

Wireless G5 Pro Tools Keyboard

As an aside I was not looking for a PT specific keyboard when I stumbled across this. I was just looking for a NOS G5 wireless keyboard. The wireless G5 keyboard has been missing from the Apple Store since they issued the aluminum iMacs and has apparently been discontinued. If you want one of these I would jump on now it as presumably the actual keyboard stock is limited to whats one hand. These are genuine Apple Bluetooth keyboards I might add not junk.

Another option would be a standalone Windows USB numeric keypad but I have yet to see one of these that says it will work with a Mac. If Apple made either a USB or Bluetooth Numeric keypad for the MacBook/ MacBook Pro I would be all over it.

My new Xmas list...

1) Axiom88

2) Apple Mac Pro Wireless Bluetooth Numeric Keypad

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 07-23-2008, 03:01 PM

I think it's the g5 wireless I need to go!!!!! Thanks mate.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:03 AM

Default Re: Memory Locations creating with Apple Wireless Keyboard

Hi, if you use a keyboard without numeric keys, and want to make a memory locations,,,,, press "fn" key and intro, and do ti!!!!!

Old 01-06-2011, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF View Post
Hi, if you use a keyboard without numeric keys, and want to make a memory locations,,,,, press "fn" key and intro, and do ti!!!!!

Would you please explain? I just got a MacBook Pro and I'm trying to figure this one out, as I normally use memory locations a lot for switching between screen sets. If I can avoid getting a numeric key-pad, it would be great.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobra View Post
Would you please explain? I just got a MacBook Pro and I'm trying to figure this one out, as I normally use memory locations a lot for switching between screen sets. If I can avoid getting a numeric key-pad, it would be great.
fn + return = enter. It's printed on the key, at least on my Macbook Pro it is.