Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2021, 06:13 AM

Default ilok issues after perpetual renenwal.

Hi I have a perpetual license that has been renewing for years. Currently running PT Ultimate 2021.10.
Back in nov i changed to mac mini M1 and it has all been running fine. Now when i open a session. i have the subscription expiration warning on my pt pro compressor. I checked the ilok and it says that it expires today and the protools utimate is only valid on versions upto the 7 dec. - even though on my avid master account it shows that i am paid up until next dec 2022.

I've tried resyncing and refreshing ilok. Any ideas?
Old 12-14-2021, 08:02 AM

Default Re: ilok issues after perpetual renenwal.

You started out stating that you are running on Protools 2021.10 Ultimate (Perpetual) but then the error you see is about PT Pro Compressor (Subscription). Then you say that your iLok "it" (I assume you are referring to PT Pro Compressor) expires today. Further, your iLok says that your Protools Ultimate (Perpetual?) expires December 7, 2021 even though your Avid master account says paid until December 2022. So I just want to understand a few things so we can help.

Did you ever upgrade or change from a perpetual license to a subscription license? Avid offered several promotions throughout the year that sounded attractive price-wise to unsuspecting perpetual license holders that in effect exchanged the license from a perpetual license to a subscription license. In other cases it left your perpetual license as is, but issued you a separate subscription license. In this case, you need to determine which license you are currently running. Although a perpetual license and support plan has an annual renewal, it is not the same as a subscription license and this is confusing to some users.

Is the PT Pro compressor (sorry for my lack of knowledge) a separate plugin that you bought? Is it a subscription based license? If so, do you need to renew/update?

In either case, you probably need to contact Avid licensing support to get this sorted. Just be very clear what licenses you have (perpetual or subscriptions) for both Protools and PT Pro Compressor.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1
Old 12-15-2021, 12:23 AM

Thanks - As it turns out it was a problem Avid's end, not mine. I got in touch with Avid support and they have now rectified it. But thank you for the heads up about being aware of changing from perpetual to subscription.
Old 12-15-2021, 12:29 AM

Glad that you got it sorted.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1