Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 07:20 AM

Unhappy Re: Let's have a count up who's getting the freeze problem!

Count me in. It's killing my studio business. I upgraded from 8 no major problems to 10 a deathblow. Frezzes when it likes. I found if I play through it a few times it is less likely to freeze. Maybe if I knew where it plays from (ie: Ram? HD? Pagefile?) I could help distribute load. Even tried Stoping Services. The Error: "Overload CPU, check compatible disk drivers, remove native plugins, increase H/W buffer, thin automation" Accept for a new CPU evrything has been updated, maxed and set as best I can. Not sure about native plug ins however (never installed plug ins). I monitor with win 7 system meters, the cores and Hard Drives, and with PT usage meters. PT meters show: PCI 40%, Cpu 1%, CPU Clip 0%, Time slots 32/512, HD engine 100% Red Lined???(Not sure about this one?), Sound mixer 75%, Dverb 25%. Nothing even at the freeze moment spikes or gives me a clue. I am using P6T Asus, i7 920 2.66G overclocked to 3.1G continuous run (Stable with many other prog running, tested with taxing SW.), ram TR3x6G 4 gig, 2 Seagate 1T 32M SATA ST31005N1A1AS (no windows file compression), Video GeForce 9800GT Nvidia. Anybody have optimizations I missed?
Old 06-01-2012, 07:38 AM

Default Re: Let's have a count up who's getting the freeze problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knrallmedia View Post
Count me in. It's killing my studio business. I upgraded from 8 no major problems to 10 a deathblow. Frezzes when it likes. I found if I play through it a few times it is less likely to freeze. Maybe if I knew where it plays from (ie: Ram? HD? Pagefile?) I could help distribute load. Even tried Stoping Services. The Error: "Overload CPU, check compatible disk drivers, remove native plugins, increase H/W buffer, thin automation" Accept for a new CPU evrything has been updated, maxed and set as best I can. Not sure about native plug ins however (never installed plug ins). I monitor with win 7 system meters, the cores and Hard Drives, and with PT usage meters. PT meters show: PCI 40%, Cpu 1%, CPU Clip 0%, Time slots 32/512, HD engine 100% Red Lined???(Not sure about this one?), Sound mixer 75%, Dverb 25%. Nothing even at the freeze moment spikes or gives me a clue. I am using P6T Asus, i7 920 2.66G overclocked to 3.1G continuous run (Stable with many other prog running, tested with taxing SW.), ram TR3x6G 4 gig, 2 Seagate 1T 32M SATA ST31005N1A1AS (no windows file compression), Video GeForce 9800GT Nvidia. Anybody have optimizations I missed?
What incarnation of PT are yopu running? (HD, HDX. CPTK, Vanilla)?

Here are the recommended optimizations.

Before I would allow this to 'ruin' my studio business, I would temporarily go back to my last system image.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 06-01-2012, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knrallmedia View Post
I got that error when I first built my machine. Me and a few others on here narrowed it down to IRQ of the USB ports. What we did to fix this was disable all USB's in the bios except 2 try this and see what happens buddy

PT 10.3.10 HD Accel 6, Mac Pro 5.1 12 Core 3.46hz Dual Boot Lion 10.7.5 and Maverick 10.9.5 32GB Ram Magma PE6R4i Chassis
Old 06-01-2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
What incarnation of PT are yopu running? (HD, HDX. CPTK, Vanilla)?

Here are the recommended optimizations.

Before I would allow this to 'ruin' my studio business, I would temporarily go back to my last system image.
Amen on that brother!!!
Also as annoying as it is, reinstalling windows fresh and reinstalling everything new can make a world of difference. It's the only way I will roll!!

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 06-01-2012, 11:01 AM

PT8HD on XP worked fine, to PT10 on Win7 everything works but freezes with an error message. There is no turning back to the last system image. I never thought about the IRQs however. Thanks for the link to Win7 Optimization Guides. I found a couple of things I needed to know that may be the ticket.
I still have the 003 rack with PT8 on a WinXP computer that is working.
I will let you all know what was the cure.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:43 AM

Also, be sure you are installing PT10.2. This version has a fix for the freeze issue that some were having.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 06-01-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul23 View Post
Shamanrock. With my testing this week when I disable the network adapters I could not load PT it said ilok was missing. Have you disabled these in your system
Hi Raoul

No I havent. Ive never had to before I wasnt aware of this.

Did I find it. I went to device manager and I see Network Adapters under this I see only one it says Realteck PCIe GBE family controller. So do I have to always keep this disabled? And by disabling this am I causing something else in my computer I need to not work?

Ok I just disable this launched PT 10.2. I still have same problem. Ilok tells me to abort..

Raoul I just noticed you said in your case Ilok is kmissing. Mine is not missing. Ilok tellls me to update my ilok driver. Which Ive done repeatedly...

Thank you
Old 06-01-2012, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanrock View Post
Hi Raoul

No I havent. Ive never had to before I wasnt aware of this.

Did I find it. I went to device manager and I see Network Adapters under this I see only one it says Realteck PCIe GBE family controller. So do I have to always keep this disabled? And by disabling this am I causing something else in my computer I need to not work?

Thank you
You must only have one then as you were looking in the right place. ?????????? Have u done a fresh install of the OS and pro tools I know that it's a pain

PT 10.3.10 HD Accel 6, Mac Pro 5.1 12 Core 3.46hz Dual Boot Lion 10.7.5 and Maverick 10.9.5 32GB Ram Magma PE6R4i Chassis
Old 06-01-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul23 View Post
You must only have one then as you were looking in the right place. ?????????? Have u done a fresh install of the OS and pro tools I know that it's a pain

No I have not done a fresh OS install. I have to done a clean install of PT 10.2.

This is so strange.

I can open PT 10.2 and use it. Its just everytime I launch it, a warning window keeps popping up telling me to abort and update my ilok which Ive done repeatedly. Then Ill get a clip board saying I cant use about 8 AXX plugins.

Ive been a PT user since 2007. Ive NEVER had any ILOK issues til PT 10.2.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanrock View Post
No I have not done a fresh OS install. I have to done a clean install of PT 10.2.

This is so strange.

I can open PT 10.2 and use it. Its just everytime I launch it, a warning window keeps popping up telling me to abort and update my ilok which Ive done repeatedly. Then Ill get a clip board saying I cant use about 8 AXX plugins.

Ive been a PT user since 2007. Ive NEVER had any ILOK issues til PT 10.2.
This is strange???? Have ya trashed prefs I use Guitardoms Trasher utility.

So pro tools works ok it just shows up this message everytime. As for the AAX plugs I've never thought about these as I just use RTAS and TDM.

I would do a system image then do a clean install of OS and pro tools if it still happens you can revert back to your image

Closed Thread