Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2011, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Problem Installing my 11R Expansion

Hang in there fellas. Avid will get it up and working, it just may take a bit of time. Dont abandon the 11R yet, its a temporary inconvenience that is no fault of your own, BUT it will be fixed.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 08-30-2011, 11:48 PM

Lightbulb Re: Problem Installing my 11R Expansion

Hey Benoni,

Is it better to get PT 9 with ERXP or is it ok to keep PT 8.0.5?

Just in case I will have to face problems, so I prefere asking before installing ERXP (waiting the Avid server to be fixed...)

Mitch
Old 08-31-2011, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchflappi View Post
Hey Benoni,

Is it better to get PT 9 with ERXP or is it ok to keep PT 8.0.5?

Just in case I will have to face problems, so I prefere asking before installing ERXP (waiting the Avid server to be fixed...)

Mitch
Not quiet sure what you mean by "get PT 9 with ERXP" do you mean installing the ERXP after PT9 is installed vs. installing on 8.0.5?

If that is what you mean, then it doesnt matter either way.

I would of course suggest you go ahead and get/install PT9 as there are some good improvements from 8LE, but it by no means is required. The ERXP will work the same way on 8 or 9.

If you have 8.0.5 installed now and install the ERXP, the ERXP updates the plugin GUI files so the Eleven Rack Windows will display the new content. Pro Tools already contains the plugins for the base Eleven Rack.

So if you have 8.0.5, then install the ERXP and wish to update to 9, thats fine, when I updated to 9 my ERXP GUI files stayed intact, but some others lost the updated files (they may have done a clean install), but its an easy fix - just re-run the first section of the ERXP and the files will be updated.

The ERXP is 2 part application. The first section doesnt require any ID codes. You run it, it updates the GUI files and places the Firmware updater on your desktop. Once the Firmware has been updated there is no need to do that part again, so if you were just running the ERXP to get the updated GUI files, you would just discard the firmware updater placed on your desktop.

You can take the ERXP to any computer this way and update the GUI files so you can use the 11R+ERXP with the Eleven Rack Window on other Pro Tools systems that you may take your 11R to.

Does that answer your question or did i miss the mark?

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 08-31-2011, 01:27 AM

Thumbs up Re: Problem Installing my 11R Expansion

It's perfect!

Thank you for your clear answer Benoni!

Keep on rockin'!!!
Old 08-31-2011, 10:02 AM

Is there any time estimates on this? I mean, is it a day away, week, weeks, months?
Would be nice to know cause I'm planning on putting the computer in the studio without internet connection when this is all done and I have an angry wife staring at the computer every time she passes it in the living room :)
Old 08-31-2011, 12:10 PM

I just got an email from them saying that those who received bad codes should have new ones within 24-48 hrs
Old 08-31-2011, 12:19 PM
Avid

Exclamation Re: Problem Installing my 11R Expansion

We have solved the issue and are in the process of notifying all impacted customers. Sorry about this problem, and thank you for your patience!
Old 08-31-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiCS View Post
We have solved the issue and are in the process of notifying all impacted customers. Sorry about this problem, and thank you for your patience!
I wonder if we'll get any compensation for the inconvenience? I don't know about the other guys but it cost me at least 4-5 hours of my time trying to make this work thinking that maybe it was my problem not to mention the time waiting for a response from Avid.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelUR View Post
I wonder if we'll get any compensation for the inconvenience? I don't know about the other guys but it cost me at least 4-5 hours of my time trying to make this work thinking that maybe it was my problem not to mention the time waiting for a response from Avid.
I understand your feeling. However, don't expect anything extra. In a large company like Avid Im sure there would be all kinds of red tape to go through to offer you a coupon for the Avid store. I know what its like mind you, I was one of the people who bought Windows Vista Ultimate with its much higher price expecting Microsoft to deliver on its promised "Ultimate Extras" but it never happened - but on the flip side they pushed Windows 7 out faster and its a much better OS.

I am the owner of Eleven Software, but there was no discount for the 11 Rack which would have been nice as well.

So it would be a good gesture for Avid to include something extra, but dont expect anything. Enjoy the ERXP.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 09-02-2011, 04:00 AM

Thumbs up Re: Problem Installing my 11R Expansion

Hello everyone,

I got my new codes yesterday and everyrhing is fine now!

Hope it will be for each one of you!

Time to play finaly...