Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2011, 10:05 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack No Sound!

It is really annoying...it is first time for me I see something like this happen...

I had so many musical apparatus and pedalboards from several trademarks and never had problems of basic on/off...

Incredible...

Hope they will solve the problem and please, dear Avid guys, use very good components next time you build something especially for live use...and for that high price too...

I wanted to show the machine to my father, he was just astonished to see me playing with on and off stuff...he told me he prefers choosing an other company to buy a simulator...
Old 06-24-2011, 12:30 AM

Hello Chris T,

I heard we have to give the serial number of the elevenrack when the "no sound" trick appears...

So I wrote to Thomann.de the music cyberstore where I bought the machine and they are ok to replace it or fix it I don't know what they will do so just to let you know that I also habe a disfunctionnal elevenrack with the date code 013 so maybe during this period there was more kind of "bad" production...

Anyway, can you give me an email where I can send you my serial number or do you prefere to see this with the Thomann guys from Europe Germany?

Thank you

Michel
Old 06-24-2011, 12:51 AM

Default Re:help in repair of Eleven Rack / access to Expansion Pack download

Hi to all, hope your 11r 's are repaired soon and yes, I agree a little good will would help .
Chris ( Townsend ) if possible would you please assist with the repair of my Eleven Rack
thats currently with the repair center in Melbourne. Australia.

Its been there about 3 weeks and the tech Anthony is in the process of checking that the unit is working 100% before its shipped back to me in Sydney.
I purchased the Eleven Rack Expansion pack prior to it being sent in for repair. I installed it then had trouble re installing it, possibly through my ignorance as I have very basic computer skills.
The unit according to Anthony is now repaired internally but I'd like him to install the Expansion Pack before shipping it back to me in Sydney. I gave him acess to my Avid account but he was unable to access the download via my Avid account.
Can you please email him with a link to an Eleven Rack Expansion Pack download so he can finish the repair /install the expansion pack and make sure its free of problems .
Here's Anthonys email at Technical Workshops repair center
[email protected]
Thanks for your help
Craig
Old 06-24-2011, 03:23 PM

Anthony at Technical Workshops Melbourne had just finished my Eleven Rack firmware reset. So far so good.
Old 07-09-2011, 04:29 PM

I've had my 11R for about a month. It's been fine up until yesterday. I was at rehearsal, and had gone into User Options to change the volume control settings. Once I had made my change, I couldn't exit User Options. I could scroll through the options, but couldn't exit. I power-cycled the unit, and when it came back on, I had no sound.

I confirmed my guitar, cable and K12 were working properly. I changed outputs from the 11R, none worked. And yes, the volume was up . Powering the 11R up and down produced clicks and pops to the K12, but no audio.

I finished rehearsal using a Twin that happened to be there. Afterwards, I turned the 11R on again, and it worked.

I went back this afternoon, and again had no sound on power-up. I remembered having read something about clock issues, so I switched it to 48K, and it worked.

I can't ship it off for repair. I can't be without my unit, as I REALLY need it for gigs over the next few weeks. Is there a way to arrange a pre-shipped\cross-shipped replacement that also has the ERXP in it?

How do I contact Avid Support? If anyone from Avid reads this, please contact me at my registered email address so we can set something up.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:31 AM

Hello to everybody

I had never any answer from AVID...great

I wish you the best with your elevenrack, for now I am dealing with my seller Thomann.de so I will see how it will end

Anyway I don't understand AVID's lack of professionalism...

Bye

Mitch
Old 07-15-2011, 11:44 AM

How did you contact Avid? You can't just send an email or post a message on this forum, you need to pick up the phone and CALL them. I find that having to have a support code to even talk to someone most frustrating, but once you get through, they are very professional. I called yesterday, and they're waiting for ME to do a couple of things (try a memory reset) before they send me a new unit.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moff View Post
How did you contact Avid? You can't just send an email or post a message on this forum, you need to pick up the phone and CALL them. I find that having to have a support code to even talk to someone most frustrating, but once you get through, they are very professional. I called yesterday, and they're waiting for ME to do a couple of things (try a memory reset) before they send me a new unit.
did you pay $40 for a [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ing support code? my 11r stopped working completely, this is a replacement they sent me 6 months ago....i have no idea how to get it fixed. is there any way that i'm understanding this correctly and i have to pay $40 to let avid know that the unit is bad?
Old 07-26-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexruimy View Post
did you pay $40 for a [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ing support code? my 11r stopped working completely, this is a replacement they sent me 6 months ago....i have no idea how to get it fixed. is there any way that i'm understanding this correctly and i have to pay $40 to let avid know that the unit is bad?
You already know the *only* way to get a hardware problem fixed -- and you already have the phone number to call Avid at. Folks here cannot help you with hardware replacement. If say this is a clock related failure of a replacement unit replaced for earlier clock problems I would hope Avid foots all the costs here.

If you are not sure its hardware and you do want help here diagnosing a problem you have to give a lot more information. What does completely mean? No display light up? No sound on XLR main outs? Have you done a memory reset? Does the unit work if you set the clock to 96 kHz?

Darryl
Old 07-26-2011, 02:27 PM

yeah i have a phone number but they want a support code, which i do not have nor will i pay $40 for. that's why i asked "did you pay $40 for a [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ing support code?"