Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2001, 07:22 AM

Default How do I import files from Logic into Protools so that the timing is still in sync?

Hi, I was wondering if any one of you guys could help me out.1)I've been trying to import sessions that I have done in Logic into Protools but everytime I've proceeded to do so, it always ends up that the timing is always off or not in the order that it was in Logic. How do I transfer audio sessions from Logic into Protools so that the time remains the same? 2)I also wanted you to help me figure out how to delete unused audio files from an audio folder?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Sincerely,
Crawla83

P.S. Please e-mail your responses to me as soon as possible
Old 04-13-2001, 09:21 AM

Default Re: How do I import files from Logic into Protools so that the timing is still in sync?

crawla83,

Check out this article:
Transfering Projects Between Applications from Mix Magazine.

Milamber
Old 04-16-2001, 01:51 PM

Default Re: How do I import files from Logic into Protools so that the timing is still in sync?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Milamber:
[B]crawla83,

Check out this article:
Transfering Projects Between Applications from Mix Magazine.

Yes it's from Mac to Mac but Logic on PC to PT on MAC ,oups.
Djoum

Old 04-16-2001, 02:57 PM

Easiest way to go from Logic to PT:

1) consolidate (make contiguous, glue tool) each individual region starting from 1.1.1.1 so that it's one contiuous track and audio file on your HD.

2) import the audio into PT and line them up at the start of your session. You can use Strip Silence to get rid of 'zero digital' areas.

3) for MIDI, just Export as a .mid file in Logic then import into PT.

Forget about that "Export SDII Regions then spotting"...it's tedious. Create new files.

To delete unused audio files in PT...from the Region list:
1) choose 'Select Unused -> Regions' (command+shift+U)
2) choose 'Clear Selected' (command+shift+B)
3) you'll get an alert dialog asking if you just wanna 'Remove' or 'Delete'. 'Remove' is non-destructive...your audio files are still on your HD. 'Delete' is destructive.

[This message has been edited by PeeTee (edited April 16, 2001).]