Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2023, 03:16 PM

Default Looking to trigger patch changes on a Kemper from an external controller

Hello. Could anyone possibly explain how I would go about setting up an external MIDI controller to pass a specific program change thru to a Kemper Profiler? Ideally, it would also serve to mute the existing MIDI track for that Kemper. Thanks in advance. This would serve as a “911” button to stop incorrect MIDI messages in the event of a specific failure in my setup. Thanks in advance.

Edit: apologies if this is in the wrong forum.
Old 05-13-2023, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Looking to trigger patch changes on a Kemper from an external controller

For me, more info is needed. What is the intended purpose of this? I ask because there may be other or better ways to achieve your goal. For example, if you want to do this in a live situation, I would suggest the Ableton Live might be a better tool.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 05-13-2023, 01:53 PM

Default Re: Looking to trigger patch changes on a Kemper from an external controller

Explaining the ssetup would be pretty tedious, and I’m aware that Ableton is a better solution. But this is a situation where there is already a Pro Tools rig in place for playback. It has to be in Pro Tools or not at all.

Essentially, I am operating a single spare kemper that can function as a spare for two players. By default, it catches Player A’s MIDI. I would like to have a key/button in place that would serve to abandon the MIDI messages associated with Player A, and jump to a single preset that Player B could limp through the show on, which would be at the very upper limit of the Kemper’s banks, so manually changing to it could mean jumping through 100+ patches with an “up” button.