Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2010, 06:06 PM

Default any probs with transfer between macbbookpro and Win XP systems?

I recently purchased a Macbook Pro laptop, snow leopard 10.6ish for mobility. The main studio rig is a Quadcore Win XP system and it has been rock solid for quite some time. I transferred a session from the XP system to the Mac, edited drums, etc., transferred back to the XP system and started getting all kinds of errors including "unable to autoback up", hardware buffer errors, access violations to name a few. Never had these until now. (no new plugs or cracked plugs on the system)

The Mac has the latest version of ProTools 8.03 and the XP box has 8.01.

I realize I am not giving a lot of system specifics, I just wanted to see if there was anyone out there who have any experience with this type of problem.

After hearing about all of the white noise issues with 8.03 I am not going to update to 8.03 but unfortunately, snow leopard requires the latest version.

thoughts?

Ross
www.tribemarkstudio.com
Old 03-17-2010, 07:40 AM

Default Re: any probs with transfer between macbbookpro and Win XP systems?

FWIW, I move sessions between my i7 quad PC/LE system and an a MacPro/HD system all the time and have not had any issues(other than the occasional plugin snafu as we don't have all the same extras).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 03-17-2010, 10:54 AM
Avid

Default Re: any probs with transfer between macbbookpro and Win XP systems?

How did you transfer those files to the PC? Is it possible that they are compressed on the PC, or have incorrect permissions?