How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2022, 05:10 AM

Default PT Renewal and crossgrade subscription

Hi
I recently found out that I had accidentally this Auto-Renewal button on in my licence so after a 1-year-subscription time had run out it renewed second time and they charged me again.Only bad thing according to my knowledge( or what a guy called Marvin from Avid mailed me) is that I have also lost my earlier perpetual licence for good.

I have early 2015 MacBook Pro which is not likely gonna work w the latest PT 2022.7(now PT 2021.7,works fine with Catalina).Also my system is going to change to ProTools Studio which cones automatically w latest PT 2022 which seems to be too new version for MacBook,so no point updating.
Or is it working if I also update Catalina to Big Sur.Compatibility chart sas it is not working(not listed/tested)
How about old plugins,got loads of those too.

Main Q :
Is it really so that when the subscription time next september 2023 runs out I can't use or download any version of PT anymore if I'm not willing to pay/continue subscription and pay more.Also probably can't update unless I buy a new Mac ...to me this seems that they stole my perpetual licence and force me to rent PT if I want to use it again after next september.
Sounds not fair play to me.

I'm using UAD Twin X mark II -souncard tb 2,works fine.
MacBook early 2015,3,1Ghz,16 G RAM,512 ssd

Anybody else having same kinda problems
cheers Nipa