Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2005, 12:09 PM

Default Recorded at half speed?

Hi,

I've been using an 002r w/ a G4 for about a year and a half an am very satisfied. I needed a remote unit and a very simple portable interface for use with a class I'm teaching thats in a PC lab. So.... I bought the MBOX and had the school's PC guru create a system for me. (see below)
My problem is this I opened a new file, saved it and then reopened the set up and tried to record a live concert just before Christmas. Because I was directing, I just set up a couple of good mics in omni, hit record and went to do the rest of the gig. I saw signal so I thought it was safe and didn't bother to monitor what was being recorded - I was only worried about levels.

Here's my problem, playback sounds like double speed and it appears that it was recorded that way. That the clock was working at half speed while recording. Is that possible? Is there a remedy? Can I import it at a different clock speed to fix? Help?

Phil
ASUS A7n8X-E-DX- NFORCE2 3DDR dual, SATA, 1394, Raid,
2 80GB 7200RPM SATA Hard drive- Seagate
Old 01-03-2005, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Recorded at half speed?

It sounds like you held down the Shift key when you entered record. Make a copy of the session and use my free app Header Investigator to change the sample rate by a factor of 2.. import the files into a new session without changing the sample rate and the files should play back at the right speed.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 01-03-2005, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Recorded at half speed?

Thanks Rail,

I had a little trouble with with the PT file recognizing the wav file and was into "find the missing link" land for awhile - but the problems were mine and PC/Mac differences primarily. (Me looking for love in all the wrong places) Once I figured out the settings and the set up, your app worked beautifully. The concert actually worked quite well with 2 414s in omni in a beautiful acoustic capturing 150 voices and 75 piece orchestra.

Thanks, I thought it was lost. I don't spend a lot of time at the DUC because everything seems to work as I need it to (thanks DIGI) and I mod at recording.org in the vocal forum. I'm a choral director/vocal instructor/recording hobbyist so my time is quite limited for browsing, but because I teach a class in music tech I try to stay up to date.

Keep up the great work!

Phil