Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 08-28-2022, 09:33 PM

Default strange noise when working with imported Pro Tools 7 files

A friend brought some songs to me that he started working on with a fellow who uses PT 7. I have PT Studio. There are 4 songs and they all have the same issue. I load the songs in (individually) and play them. Each song has what sounds like a midi keyboard note that continually pings (sort of like a the click track). I have checked it against the click track and they are not in unison. What is really weird is that if I mute all tracks the sound is still there. The only place there is any physical evidence that the ping is there is on my interface's VU meter. If I play a recent project of mine there is no ping. Anyone have any thoughts? I am on Windows 10 with Apollo stuff.

Thx - Mike
Old 08-28-2022, 10:51 PM

Default Re: strange noise when working with imported Pro Tools 7 files

If Pro Tools is making sound it's coming from something inside Pro Tools. Common causes might be a hidden track or maybe a demo plugin without a license. You need to spend the time to test and solve that yourself. Worse case maybe share the session if you need others to look at it.
Old 08-28-2022, 10:58 PM

Default Re: strange noise when working with imported Pro Tools 7 files

Yep. Sounds like a hidden track that’s still active.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk