Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-04-2007, 08:38 PM

Default this is messed up

I was laying down some vox the other night on this techno thing. Part of it involved trying to replicate the "BT stutter", for which I was making several tiny little cuts in a region which took forever. I tried to save time by going to "mute" view and inserting breakpoints and then copying and pasting across the region. Not only did it not achieve the desired effect, but for some reason, after copying and pasting a few dozen breakpoints over a couple seconds of region, when I hit play, Pro Tools would automatically quit. This happened a few times and then I started getting some kind of error that prevented me from doing anything more in that session. So I created a new session and imported the tracks from the original session and continued recording with no problems. Then at some point, out of the blue, whenever I hit play I got a message saying Assertion in "Mdie_TrackPlayer.ccp", line 518. I was tired by that time and called it a night thinking I was just going to have to rebuild the session later. But now I find that the problem isn't just with that session, because I'm getting the same message no matter what session I try to play. Anybody else seen this error? I couldn't find anything on it when I searched the answerbase and the rest of the site with that phrase. This is messed up. I don't have time for this. Help is very much appreciated.

My specs:
Mbox 2 w/ LE 7.0 on a
Mac Mini PowerPC G4
OS X Tiger
1.25 GHz CPU
512 MB RAM