Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 02-26-2010, 12:06 PM

Default Re: Loop Playback Not Working

loop-playback works fine with quickpunch activated, but if then a track is record armed, loop-playback is disabled

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIA...Rnu0Jfh-YsgftQ
Old 02-26-2010, 12:15 PM

Yeah I don't work on music, work in television post. Hardly ever use loop playback though, love track punch for voiceovers, love the ability to drag the handle out if you missed a punch or slightly clipped something. Saves your butt. I think it IS confusing though that you can go into the "mode" without it working. There's probably a reason for it just can't think of it right now.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonwurm View Post
loop-playback works fine with quickpunch activated, but if then a track is record armed, loop-playback is disabled
Of course because without a track armed QP isn't doing anything. I was assuming that a track was armed, my bad.

Trackpunch is like QP on steroids, in that it is recording even for tracks that aren't armed. To fix a bad punch you needn't be in TP, just QP will do. TP is usually only used on rigs acting as dubbers AFAIK.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:44 PM

I was checking Loop Playback on 8.0.3 yesterday and noticed that if I highlighted a region to loop that if I hit the spacebar to start it would de-select my highlighted region and would not do loop playback. If I clicked the "PLAY" button instead of using the spacebar it worked just fine and looped the highlighted region. Is this normal? I usually never use Loop Playback so wasn't sure.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 02-27-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan W. View Post
Sorry for the posts: Figured it out, it's TRACK PUNCH MODE, does NOT allow you to loop playback. THAT's confusing. When going into track punch mode they should disable loop playback mode in future versions of ProTools or at least provide some indicator so you know loop playback isn't broken. lol
No - please don't start forcing disabling of loop playback mode. Just grey it out if it's not available......don't force the user to change modes!
Old 08-12-2021, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by formfunction View Post
Are any of your tracks record armed? this cancels loop playback. ff
Thank you so much. I've had the same issue.