Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2003, 10:00 AM

Default At Macworld this week...

An HD system running 6.1 on a G5 flawlessly. Cool.
Old 07-18-2003, 01:04 PM

Default Re: At Macworld this week...

It would be cool to know how many counts of say Sony Oxford EQs you can get in RTAS and how they sound as opposed to TDM.
Old 07-19-2003, 02:01 AM

Encouraging. Which G5 was it? Do you know if it was a PCI-X model?
Old 07-19-2003, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tone:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Definitely not PCI-X. The Digi system was a stock HD2, and the 6.1 software hasn't been optimized for the G5 yet. Thus, the interface ran great but the RTAS plug-in count was likely less than what we'll see later on.

There was every indication from the show that PCI-X isn't going to show up any time soon (if at all), but that we'd see a more powerful generation of PCI cards for HD in the not-too-distant future.
Old 07-19-2003, 08:08 AM

hum.... let us upgrade next year -lol
PT 7 HD on esteroids..

http://www.facebook.com/alecio.costa

PT Ultimate Native 2023.3 - Mac Mini M1 16GB RAM - Mac Os Ventura 13.2 - 2 192 IO Digidesign Digital

PT HD2 Accel - 10.3.10 OS 10.6.8 - Mac Pro 2008 16GB RAM

Mastering Gear: Pendulum Audio, Crane Song, Avalon, Great River, Sebatron, Sonnox, Izotope, PSP, TC, Fab Filter.
Old 07-19-2003, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AE:
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Tone:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Definitely not PCI-X. The Digi system was a stock HD2, and the 6.1 software hasn't been optimized for the G5 yet. <hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">We have conflicting information. Check out this thread. I grilled this gent at Apple (he even let me choose "About Pro Tools" to check the version number). As it says, it was a 1.8GHz model, which has PCI-X, and it worked just lovely.

So either he lied to one of us or he never had his info straight to begin with. Take it with a grain of salt, but this is what I was told.

Ahh, the power of speculation! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2003, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chief Technician:
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by AE:
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Tone:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Definitely not PCI-X. The Digi system was a stock HD2, and the 6.1 software hasn't been optimized for the G5 yet. <hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">We have conflicting information. Check out this thread. I grilled this gent at Apple (he even let me choose "About Pro Tools" to check the version number). As it says, it was a 1.8GHz model, which has PCI-X, and it worked just lovely.

So either he lied to one of us or he never had his info straight to begin with. Take it with a grain of salt, but this is what I was told.

Ahh, the power of speculation! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
<hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Or it could have been a 1.8 built to order with PCI. Apple claims this is an option, though it doesn't appear that way in their store.
Old 07-20-2003, 12:31 AM

I was not aware of that AE. I should have tried to open Apple System Profiler. The worst thing the Apple employee could've done is taken the mouse out of my hand and said "Go away." [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Oh well, in a month it'll be a moot point because Digi will have to have something for new Mac owners.