Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 11-23-2005, 05:29 PM

Default Problems Loading The Wave Driver For XP

Hello all,
Can anyone help me with this? I downloaded the proper wave driver files for XP and unzipped them to my desktop. My problem is that when I go through the procedure as per the read-me file, I'm told that I can't load the .inf file selected because the driver information might be missing. ProTools appears to load and start up fine, but now none of my other applications have audio. Am I doing something wrong in the way I'm loading the wave driver?

Anyone? Beuller?

Digi has been virtually no help through this process....and I'm starting to tear my hair out here....
Old 11-23-2005, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Problems Loading The Wave Driver For XP

It's possible you have done it correctly

Is Protools playing back?

I believe the wave driver is for other progs to play thru PT hardware

You need to download the very excellent app DIGI MME Helper written by Rail Rogut on the download extra ulities page. This app lets you list apps to play through Digi hardware.

You just open it and then find the exe file of what app you want to play through.

it works great
BB

MAC G5 PPC OSX 10.4.9 / PT 7.3 HD2 - I/O 192 /Control 24

DELL Dual Core, MBOX/003R PT 8 WIN XP
Old 11-23-2005, 06:37 PM

Bryan,
Thanks for the reply. I don't believe that the Wave Driver has loaded at all. When I try to load the .inf file, I get an error that it couldn't load as the .inf file may be missing drivers and the wave driver doesn't show up in my device manager.

A little background, I have an old AudiomediaIII card that I just picked up recently for virutally nothing. I downladed LE 5.3.1 from the website and initially had some problems getting ProTools to run. After downloading the updated interlok drivers, ProTools now runs, but I have no audio in any of my other programs. I haven't really checked to see if ProTools actually passes audio, I haven't really gotten that far. In the meantime, I'm just trying to get audio from my other programs to work without removing the AMIII card. I have Premier Pro and Soundforge that I'd like to use in the meantime, but they won't open without audio drivers.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:47 PM

You can't mix the 6.1.1 WaveDriver with Pro Tools 5.x installed. make sure you're using the right version and check the system compatibility docs for the version you're trying to install.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 11-23-2005, 06:51 PM

Jon,
One step ahead of you. I downloaded the Wave Driver for 5.3.1 and XP. The problem I'm having is listed above
Old 11-25-2005, 06:10 AM

Bump.......

Anyone have any ideas as to why I can't load this wave driver? It's the right one...I'm going through the procedure as per the read me file....and it won't load, says the file may be missing drivers.....

The oem setup file has the following text:
[Source Media Descriptions]
1 = "Digidesign Wave Driver" , TAGFILE = disk1

[Installable.Drivers]
digidesign = 1igi32.dll, "wave", "Digidesign Wave Driver" ,,,

[digidesign]
1:directio.dll

Is anything missing or pointing to the wrong file?
Old 11-28-2005, 11:03 AM

Still trying to suss this out.....anyone? Beuller?

-Did I unzip the file to the wrong location?

-Is my Avast anti-virus protection preventing me from downloading the zip completely?

Any ideas? anyone?
Old 11-28-2005, 11:06 AM

Oops, forgot to mention that ProTools does play audio through the AMIII card just fine. When I select import audio to track, I took a sample WAV file and was able to send the output of the card to a headphone amp and it works fine. It just doesn't work or play well with my other apps