Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2022, 06:51 PM

Default Missing system ID, no products under my account

Hello, i have had pro tools for years now and i have never had any problems with it until now.

I had a one year subscription, it expired december 30, i wanted to renew it thinking that i was on the grace period before it was cancelled (let my know it this is true). I went to my avid master account and under my products there is nothing only Avid link, i went to the tab to add missing system ID but if i click on the tab in the avid link app i can only see documentation, learn and suport and tutorials, and i could not see it in my master account because there are no products there (i can see my license in my ilok and in the avid link app).

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-15-2022, 08:17 PM

Default Re: Missing system ID, no products under my account

Welcome to the community.

The grace period is for a Software Updates + Support Plan included with perpetual licenses (it's cheaper to renew while that plan is active). If you had a subscription you could simply buy another subscription when you wanted to start using Pro Tools again. Take a look under Cancelled & Expired Subscriptions and you should see your original subscription.
Old 01-15-2022, 09:17 PM

Thank you for answering my question, my idea was to renew my license (99 USD) instead of paying for the new subscription (299 USD). There are no cancelled subscriptions on my master account. If i understand correctly i have no chance of renewing once the subscription expired. Money is tight and i have some projects to finish.

Thank you for replying, any further help would be appreciated.
Old 01-15-2022, 10:02 PM

So did you have a perpetual license or a subscription? These are totally different things. It’s all unclear from what you are saying.

If all you had before was a subscription, you can’t renew a subscription like it was a perpetual license update/support plan, you need to just buy another subscription.

If you had a perpetual license and the update/support plan for that lapsed some time in the distant past (more than 30 days). There is no way currently through the Avid store to update/renew that update/support plan. You just missed out on a promotion that allowed you to do that. Ended December 31st. If you contact major/knowledgeable resellers like Vintage King they may have stock of that lapsed update/support renewal they can sell you. Make sure the person you deal with knows what they are doing and sells you the right magic update/renewal.

Nothing is $99, if you had a perpetual license with update/support plan that expired in the last 30 days the annual renewal on that is $199.

The special promotion update/support for lapsed plans that ended recently was $249. https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/hom...until-31st-dec
Old 01-16-2022, 10:56 AM

Thank you for the reply, the second sentence of the original post said that i had a 1 year subscription, so i think it is very clear.

I understand what you are saying, last year i did a cross grade and it was 99 USD, i thought if i had a year subscription i could renew that and it would be cheaper but i guess not. I understand now that the price i was thinking about was for renewing the updates and support plan for perpetual licenses.

Glad to now how it works now, i guess that is what forums like this are for.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to this.
Old 01-16-2022, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristian Zarate View Post
...last year i did a cross grade and it was 99 USD, i thought if i had a year subscription i could renew that and it would be cheaper...
Thanks for adding that info. If you crossgraded from your perpetual license then you qualified for the first 2 years of subscription at $99US. If auto-renew was disabled and you missed the 2nd year renewal then you'd need to contact Avid Support to discuss (not solved on a user forum).