Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2009, 07:39 PM

Default Does this indicate a problem? (Stuck in Nav-Zoom mode)

Sometimes I've got a navigation wheel issue where I'm holding the command key down on the board to zoom horizontally, and it seems like maybe the command key gets stuck. Without keeping my finger on command, the nav wheel zooms anyway. Also the "trim" switch in the automation mode section is flashing. I'm not totally familiar with the automation modes, so this makes me wonder if I've entered some mode I didn't mean to be in.

The "escape" key doesn't do anything, but sometimes if I fiddle with the trim-shuttle keys, and the focus mode, I manage to get out of it. While it's happening, it lets me work normally from the typewriter keyboard.

The other reason I think the command key is stuck is that if I try to solo a track the track goes in and out of "safe" mode.

Curious if anybody has thoughts about this--thanks. Kevin
Old 08-23-2009, 07:13 AM

Default Re: Does this indicate a problem? (Stuck in Nav-Zoom mode)

My hunch is that once you get your "stuck" shift key sorted out, the apparent stuck CMD key will go away as well since they are probably on the same board.

There should be a company that will come to you fo this kind of service, since there are a couple in the metro Atlanta area that do just this sort of thing... They will probably charge a service call but really is the only thing that makes sense with console repairs, be it SSL or ICON.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:30 AM

Thanks Macaholic--

Yeah that's definitely the next step. Frustrating 'cos I got the XKeys stick and am starting to rock on the console level only to run into these odd freezes.

Still can't figure out what strange auto mode it's getting locked into. Tried to replicate it on a test session and couldn't do it.

Just so people know--the current firmware-chipset in XKeys doesn't let you program the resident memory of the stick on a Mac, only Windows. So you have to use iKeys for your macros. I decided that transporting the XKeys to another setup wasn't that big of a priority for me, but if you've already set up a lot of commands with another macro program, it might be another layer of hassle about how to configure it. Just another little glitch on the road to D-Command nirvana....
Old 08-23-2009, 08:55 AM

Also I forgot to address the flashing Trim button in you global auto modes area. That just means that there is trim playlist automation present in your session and the yellow light will be also flashing on the channels where trim playlist automation is present.

Simply "coalesce" trim automation or (if memory serves) while holding the trim button, press the option key twice (again not sure about that one, since it ingrained and once you have to tell someone... You know how it is).

Great you are rolling with your X-Keys!! If you have access to a PC, it really is easy to "unsplat" in X-Keys lingo to change the mode and then just couple hours to program it... One side benefit of doing it this way is that you then get 2 layers after you have designated a key to be "layer shift", so that you in effect get 30 keys!! Really works great for me.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:34 PM

thanks again--