Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 11-24-2019, 12:52 AM

Default DADMan goes wonky

Every other day or so, DADMan goes into a partial non-functional state. Lots of things still work... but two things of note - the meters stop working and DADMan won't close. The only solution is to kill it (and lose unsaved changes - learned that lesson a couple of times - now I save after any change). Any one else running into this?

Running on Mojave 10.14.6 on a 2013 "Trashcan" Mac Pro. All Avid/MTRX/DADMan (5.3.4.5) software at latest versions.

Thanks!!
Old 11-25-2019, 10:29 AM

Default Re: DADMan goes wonky

Not sure if this is related, but when I shut my Mac down, Dadman refuses to quit and I have to force quit it. Just started happening a month ago.
Old 11-26-2019, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared_TL View Post
Every other day or so, DADMan goes into a partial non-functional state. Lots of things still work... but two things of note - the meters stop working and DADMan won't close. The only solution is to kill it (and lose unsaved changes - learned that lesson a couple of times - now I save after any change). Any one else running into this?

Running on Mojave 10.14.6 on a 2013 "Trashcan" Mac Pro. All Avid/MTRX/DADMan (5.3.4.5) software at latest versions.

Thanks!!
I did experience the same in regards to the meters. If the MAC goes to screen saving for let´s say an hour or so, the meters stop working. Once I thought that was related to energy saving on the MAC but after some tests, nothing worked. I need to close DADman and restart and then they start working again. I tried different colour profiles to no avail too. Running Mojave. I guess that is something wrong with the code, that´s my only explanation for it. It should work fine, but they (DAD) took a long time to make it Mojave compatible, but I think there´s more work to be done on the GUI.

Paulo M

MAC Studio MAX M1_64 GB RAM_1TB SSD_MAC OS Ventura

Protools Studio 2024.3
Old 12-09-2019, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared_TL View Post

Thanks!!
We had similar Problems but after downloading the newest DADman Software from Avid and updating also the MTRX Firmware to the latest Version this fixed it.

Sadly we now have other problems after upgrading the MTRX Firmware but at least your problems should be solved when you get the newest firmware and DADman software. Good luck!

Cheers
Thomas

Pro Tools HDX 3 / Pro Tools HD 6 (TDM)
4 x 192, 2 x SSL Delta Links, MTRX/SPQ/Dante
Avid S3, Euphonix 5MC
All variations of Mac's, PC's and Coffee Machines...
Old 12-16-2019, 12:57 PM

What other problems? I just got a new mac pro and assuming it ships with mojave and cant go back so wondering what **** show Im about to walk into. haha
Edit: I think this thing has 10.15
Old 12-29-2019, 01:06 PM

A 'new Mac Pro' would ship with Catalina, not Mojave, no?