Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2003, 07:18 AM

Default Pops and Clicks after Upgrade

I just upgraded my software to the newest version, and I'm now experiencing pops and clicks during recording or playback. I have not changed any settings on my mixer and I think I have the settings right in protools. What am I missing? please help
Old 09-17-2003, 08:32 AM

Default Re: Pops and Clicks after Upgrade

I don't know what you're missing, but you've given almost no information here.
Quote:
I just upgraded my software to the newest version, and I'm now experiencing pops and clicks during recording or playback. I have not changed any settings on my mixer and I think I have the settings right in protools. What am I missing? please help

Old 09-17-2003, 08:43 AM

maybe increasing your buffer size?

Studio Engineering | Live Engineering | Location Recording | Composing
Old 09-17-2003, 09:58 AM

I've tried altering the buffer size, it does not help. Usually pops and clicks are associated with sync or settings mismatch, but I have not changed anything other than dissabling some USB devices on my PC. My mixer (DA7 Ramsa) is set to 24 bit/48KHz as well as the session setting for ProTools. I get these pops without any other devices powered on except for the mixer. My mixer is connected via lightpipe. After upgrading ProTools would not run, I kept getting DAE errors requiring buffer size changes. Altering the buffer size did not help so I dissabled the USB devices on my PC and ProTools started working, but now I get the pops and clicks. Does anyone use lightpipe connections with their mixer and what are your settings? perhaps the upgrade altered the settings.
Old 09-17-2003, 10:13 AM

so, the pops and clicks are only when you use the external digital mixer? Semms you ought to double-check how you're clocking. "I didn't change anything" isn't good enough.

Old 09-17-2003, 10:25 AM

Before: No pops, No clicks. Insert upgrade CD, upgrade software, no hardware changes
After: Pops and clicks
Is it possible that there may be something different in the new software that I've not discovered yet that is responsible for the pops and clicks. I'm 100% certain that I've done nothing hardware wise to cause the problem. I've always used my external mixer with ProTools and never had a problem with it.
Old 09-17-2003, 11:06 AM

In your Session Setup Window (Ctrl+1).. what's your clock set to?

Upgrading will reset your preferences.. so you'll have to go thtough your hardware settings, etc.

This sounds like a classic case of the user not setting the clock to external and/or the clock input is incorrect.

BTW - you've given us zero information about which Digi hardware you're using, how you have it connected to your mixer, how you have the clock settings, etc.

You also say you've just upgraded to the latest version off CD.. however the latest version isn't available on CD yet. so you must be talking about 6.1 and not 6.1.1 right

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••