Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2010, 10:21 AM

Default 2 SC48 Questions

Hey guys. Two quick questions that I want to make sure I know how to do before our SC48 arrives. I mix a large corporate band and currently use 2 different delays; one for slower effect type delay on vocals and a fast slap-like delay for horn solo's etc. How can I achieve setting up taps for 2 seperate delay units? Can I do this by using the function keys? I assume also that I could save them as snapshots with 2 different pre-defined tempos and then recall those correct? Second Question: how do I achieve assigning a graphic EQ to an input channel? I know it might seem overkill, but on the Yamaha digital consoles I have been using, I am able to insert a GEQ to a channel like Kick or a vocal channel for detailed eq'ing. Any way of doing this on the VENUE?

Thanks, I look forward to your responses.

Chris
Old 09-02-2010, 11:01 AM

Default Re: 2 SC48 Questions

I use 1 universal tap tempo, but set the parameters of the 2 delays differently, 1 based on quarter notes, the other based on 16ths, or 32nds, or dotted, or, or...
This way, I'm only tapping in one tempo from song to song, but the delays still behave differently, but still relative to the pitch.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:10 AM

There is probably another way to do this, but you can either go into each plugin and tap or set your tempo there OR you can have one reading the system tempo and manually configure the other. Yes, the delays work well with snapshots.

I will get back with you on the GEQ. I will mess around with my desk tonight, unless someone else pipes in. I know fluidly how to do it on Outputs, but an input...haven't done that before.

| VENUE Profile 96X64 with MADI Option | ProTools 7.4.2 HD3 Accel PCI | ProTools 10 Native | MacBook Pro 17" OS 10.7.1 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 8GB Ram | Mbox 2 Pro | Mbox 3 Pro | Motu 896mk3 Hybrid |
Old 09-02-2010, 01:57 PM

I also wanted to use a GEQ on an input channel but it cannot be done on Venue. I opted for the Serato Rane Graphic EQ plugin and have very much enjoyed it.

Or you could route a single channel (primary vocal) through an aux and put the graph there, if you have an aux to burn.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicboost View Post
I use 1 universal tap tempo, but set the parameters of the 2 delays differently, 1 based on quarter notes, the other based on 16ths, or 32nds, or dotted, or, or...
This way, I'm only tapping in one tempo from song to song, but the delays still behave differently, but still relative to the pitch.
Great idea, seems too simple to not have already been doing. Thanks! And yes, that was my next question: if you cannot assign a GEQ to an input, are there any good GEQ plugins out there to insert on a channel? Thanks again for the helpful replies.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:15 PM

i use the rane eq all the time. rarely use the onboard graphics. i love it. super dsp friendly too! plus it comes with the PEQ!

Venue SC48
Macbook 13"
HP 2525TX Tablet
Motion Tablet LE1600
Mac Mini 2.6 dual core with 1TB 4gig Ram