Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2009, 11:33 AM

Default Digi TV Venue How To's (User Contribs?)

I've learned a lot about how to do things with Digi products from DigiTV. I get the computer ready - find the video - play a little - pause - imitate - press play, repeat.

I ran FOH at an event where they have a demo Profile console. When I was just talking through all the awesome things the console does I found myself going through the same things that were initially confusing to me. Everything is easy when you know how to do it.

I was thinking about short video clips that walk a user through the steps on "how to" with the Venue.

Maybe YouTube is a possible (more viral) community place too where users can post up everything from basics to tips and tricks.

Anyway - at the event last night it was just a little sad to see no plug-in's were used because they had not figured out how to use them yet. No effects were used because they were plug in's and because they could not comprehend how they might be routed. While they loved the sound of the board they focused most of their time on the patching.

So when I showed them these basics (and I'm no power user at all) it became a whole different console to them...
Old 08-07-2009, 03:01 PM

Default Re: Digi TV Venue How To's (User Contribs?)

That's not a bad idea. I have a friend that's a mix engineer out of LA and he had one of his friend's call me because a very well known pop act was expecting him to transfer plugin presets from his PT rig to the Venue while they were waiting! This was during production rehearsals for an upcoming tour, talk about a high pressure situation! Besides, there are guys out there like Dave Stagl, Tim Corder and Brad Lyons that could really have some interesting things to say and tips to offer.