Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2022, 07:31 AM

Default Cedar DNS One Random Authorisation Error: kEEPROM_MasterTimeCorruptErr955

I have my DNS One running on iLok (2nd gen) and a few times a day I have a weird Authorisation Error:
kEEPROM_MasterTimeCorruptErr955

Latest License Manager. Latest DNS One software. Tried different physical iLok keys. No other plugins errors.
I contacted Cedar and they said that they see no problem on their side...advising me to contact PACE. But I never had succeeded contacting them....
Anyone else experienced this?
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2022-07-07 at 17.12.41.png (34.5 KB, 0 views)

Sound Designer
/ mixer
www.goorevich.com

PT HD⎪N v2024.3 Ultimate ● macOS Ventura 13.6.3
MacPro 7.1 (2019) 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W 16-Core ● 96 GB RAM
MTRX Studio + DADman 5.7.0.1 + MOM ● Sync HD ● AJA Kona LHi referenced by AJA GEN10 ● D-Command ES24
Old 07-08-2022, 06:04 AM

Default Re: Cedar DNS One Random Authorisation Error: kEEPROM_MasterTimeCorruptErr955

Hi Michael,

Did you have any luck with this?

I'm also getting these error messages a couple of times a day.
I just click ok and it seems fine, but it's a bit worrying.

I haven't changed anything on my system recently, so I'm not sure what's causing it?

Can it be a pace thing if the license is on an ilok? I haven't upgraded the ilok app recently, maybe I'll see if there's a new version.

Best

Martin
Old 07-08-2022, 10:00 AM

Default Re: Cedar DNS One Random Authorisation Error: kEEPROM_MasterTimeCorruptErr955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
Hi Michael...
Hi Martin,

I had it for quite a while now. But yesterday it went completely wrong: after an error message the audio routing to the DNS One, came out awfuly distorted. Only a Pro Tools relaunch was fixing it.

So along with Cedar I wrote to the iLok CS...and surprisingly they came back to me very fast.
This is what they wrote:

Please perform a fresh install of the latest version of the iLok License Manager and synchronize your iLoks. The latest version of the iLok License Manager is available for download from the iLok License Manager tab on iLok.com.

To perform a fresh install, you will need to uninstall the current iLok License Manager from your computer.

The first step is to download a fresh copy of the installer from iLok.com, making sure you delete any old copies of this installer that may also be in your Downloads folder.

On a Mac, please use the "Uninstall License Support” script included in the License Support/iLok License Manager installer to uninstall.

I followed all these steps and so far no errors today. Fingers crossed.

Sound Designer
/ mixer
www.goorevich.com

MTRX Studio + DADman 5.7.0.1 + MOM ● Sync HD ● AJA Kona LHi referenced by AJA GEN10 ● D-Command ES24
Old 07-08-2022, 02:19 PM

Thanks Michael,
I'll try that myself and see if it fixes it.
Fingers crossed!
M
Old 07-13-2022, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
Thanks Michael,
I'll try that myself and see if it fixes it.
Fingers crossed!
M
Just a little update:
I replaced my iLok with a new one and now everything works perfect so far.
Interesting that a bad iLok had no physical damage nor its been ever moved from the Mac’s rear USB port. The Mac is located in a temperature controlled machine room.
So other than “it’s got older and eventually died” I have no explanation;-)

Sound Designer
/ mixer
www.goorevich.com

Old 07-13-2022, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoorevich View Post
Just a little update:
I replaced my iLok with a new one and now everything works perfect so far.
Interesting that a bad iLok had no physical damage nor its been ever moved from the Mac’s rear USB port. The Mac is located in a temperature controlled machine room.
So other than “it’s got older and eventually died” I have no explanation;-)
It is likely dust. Try blowing it out with compressed air. I know you got it fixed but.
This is also why I like using dongle buddies. No dust will get into the iLok but direct because there are fans and air flow, dust will still get in.
Almost every plugin
Old 07-14-2022, 11:42 AM

This has happened to me across several HDX workstations, one by one overtime. I reached out to Cedar and although they were very helpful, we did not uncover any kind of cause and effect.

My [expensive] fix has been migrating to a gen3 iLok when the gen2 iLok was still perfectly functional. Not ideal, but the problem went away.

Last edited by Avo.Mardikian; 07-14-2022 at 11:52 AM.
Old 07-24-2022, 05:01 AM

Just following up on this.
I unplugged my ILok to use it on another machine and since I replaced it I haven't had any of these errors.
So maybe it does suggest dust, or a bad connection?
Or they've fixed it and not told anyone?