Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2002, 03:19 PM

Default auto fades...where are they!!??

I just bought my DIGI001 a couple of weeks ago as my main editing sytem. Now anyone that edits audio knows the importance of autofades. I know you can add fades afterwords...but it really slows down the editing process. Sometimes the fade doesn't sound good. And then you can't move the fade around! You have to re-edit then add the fade again. I know that even the most basic audio programs have autofade options (Vegas Audio, Nuendo, Logic...) Now I hope that they change this in ver. 5.3, but I'm not holding my breath. I don't see what the big deal is. It's not like all the TDM users will scrap thier system for a 001. And on the other hand it won't bog the system down that much. They should have a feature to turn it of and on.
I guess they do it that way for the same reason that they put a 24 track limit on us!
Jayman #9
Old 04-29-2002, 04:53 PM

Default Re: auto fades...where are they!!??

...in the editwindow just switch view on the desired channel to "volume" and you'll be able to use the finger tool to make fades... if your fade's not good just change your drawing... ...maybe you already knew that though...?
Old 04-29-2002, 05:24 PM

Jayman #9

You can move the fade once you've applied it. You have to zoom in far enough so that you can extend or shrink the fade with the trimmer tool from the high side of the fade. You can also shrink the fade from the small side too. If the fade you've applied is very small, you'll have to zoom way in. I only discovered this through trial and error. Agreed, autofades would be nice in PTLE. What would be best is editing at zero crossing, but even TDM doesn't have this, although I know Wavelab and Nuendo do. Nice feature, maybe in a future upgrade?

Cheers
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 04-29-2002, 11:18 PM

Your right about the zero crossing feature. Whenever I have the chance, I like to edit with Nuendo. It's a great program. But everyone seems to get freaky if you use anything other than Protools. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
Jayman #9