Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2001, 11:26 PM

Default Seeking input on setting up the Digi 001w/LE5.1 for Broadcast Production

Just hooked up everything and installed it on my G4/733...Everything seems to be
working...I'm facing volumes of info to read through as well as the demos (which I will) But, I'm an old analog man (30+ years) and the closest I've come to digital is the Orban (It seemed to "disguise" itself to me as a tape deck!). My standard board in my work for the past 20-years has been the Pacific Recorder. Since my primary aim is basic broadcast production on this new system a.s.a.p., anyone out there in my field who could suggest how I could cut to the chase by engaging a clean session, converting the ProTools virtual fader terminology to Pacific Recorder "speak" in my head (My 9-year old knew intuitively how to start up one of the music demo sessions! <<<blush>>> Lord, I never thought I'd miss the engineers at ABC!), learn how to engage the effects (Some actually only last for 15-days?!?! I need MONTHS!), import/export sound sources, burn c-d's and send MP3s...Is that asking for too much? C'mon, there's gotta' be a few dinosaurs out there like me who made it to the other side and can take a moment to pass along a few quick-start pointers. Any (polite) suggestions as to what I should do would be truly appreciated.

------------------
Allan Stagg
Old 04-23-2001, 11:57 PM

Default Re: Seeking input on setting up the Digi 001w/LE5.1 for Broadcast Production

Hiya Stagg! My name's Mike Bratton...former imaging guy for Q101, and currently imaging guy here at the Zone...

You're lookin' for some info on hookin' up and gettin' into Digi001? Gimme a shout here at the station...

: )

[email protected]

Hopefully I can help ya out...

Peace brutha...

Mb