Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2009, 10:22 AM

Default Axiom 49 midi recording issues

Whenever I try to record midi using my Axiom 40 keybaord, it doesn't record it properly. It only seems to record a "note on" bit, shows the duration, yet when playing back only plays the "notes on" bit (like really short stabs even though the duration may be 1bar, maybe 2!!!!

I think I've tried every single option in the peripherals, MIDI studio, Input filter, Input Devices... everything and still something is not right!

It's plugged in via a USB cable directly into my machine, and when playing it plays perfectly (note duration etc...), its just when recording it does this, and its really annoying and time consuming!!!

If someone could shed some light on this ASAP I would be very very grateful!!!

Thanks,

a midi noob: Drew.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:40 AM

Default Re: Axiom 49 midi recording issues

Here's the answer http://airvirtualinstruments.blogspo...es-in-pt8.html

Founder of the Expert Sites.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:10 PM

i had the same issue unfortanatly that vid didnt help out at all....but it seem like the problem was the settings within the axiom49 i had more than 1 zone enabled and it sent midi from both channels....if u have default presets installed on the axiom

1. go to preset 15...
2. press the zone range button on the axiom
3. select disable zones 1 & 2 and enable zone 3 (all u have to do is pres the 3 buttons under the faders)
4.while zone 3 is still flashing pick zone pres ur c1 key then press ur c5 key and press zone range button again to stop zone 3 from flashing

5. then record some midi u should see the double notes are gone now which was causing PT to play and stop quickly and u dont have to ...worked 100% for me

p.s. u dont have to use preset 15 but it alredy has the tranport controls set up to save u time u can stll use ur zones just make sure they arent triggering on the came octaves or ur going to have to transpose them

Last edited by rodneyruger; 01-04-2009 at 01:16 PM. Reason: forgot to say u dont have to use preset 15
Old 01-04-2009, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneyruger View Post
i had the same issue unfortanatly that vid didnt help out at all....but it seem like the problem was the settings within the axiom49 i had more than 1 zone enabled and it sent midi from both channels....if u have default presets installed on the axiom

1. go to preset 15...
2. press the zone range button on the axiom
3. select disable zones 1 & 2 and enable zone 3 (all u have to do is pres the 3 buttons under the faders)
4.while zone 3 is still flashing pick zone pres ur c1 key then press ur c5 key and press zone range button again to stop zone 3 from flashing

5. then record some midi u should see the double notes are gone now which was causing PT to play and stop quickly and u dont have to ...worked 100% for me

p.s. u dont have to use preset 15 but it alredy has the tranport controls set up to save u time u can stll use ur zones just make sure they arent triggering on the came octaves or ur going to have to transpose them
Thanks - would you mind if we add this solution to the blog?

Founder of the Expert Sites.
Old 01-04-2009, 07:02 PM

Drewlyddon..... I think that's the same issue I'm having.

Does that first note precede a longer note and have an X" on it?