Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2010, 04:20 AM

Default files missing...

I´m just mixing a project and on some of the songs I get the message ...audio files are missing... would you like to search..skip etc.

there are NO files in the session missing so it must obviously be some files in a undo memory or something - when I go to regions, select unused and remove them I still get this missing message when opening the session

SO: is there a possibility to erase all undo memory stuff?
Old 08-19-2010, 04:26 AM

Default Re: files missing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter99 View Post
I´m just mixing a project and on some of the songs I get the message ...audio files are missing... would you like to search..skip etc.

there are NO files in the session missing so it must obviously be some files in a undo memory or something - when I go to regions, select unused and remove them I still get this missing message when opening the session

SO: is there a possibility to erase all undo memory stuff?
Hi,

Just to check. when you select unused and then remove them, are you then saving the session with an incremental number "song name 3" etc from song name 2.

It usually happens when files have been deleted from another session that were used in this session etc.

failing all that after removing all unused, use save copy in to create a new session

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:11 AM

ok I´ll try to save copy as but am I right I have to copy all audio files as well? because I dont like copying audio too many times...
Old 08-20-2010, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter99 View Post
because I dont like copying audio too many times...
Old 08-21-2010, 10:14 AM

ok I deleted all unused playlists and again I deleted as well all unused audio files, did a safe copy in with all audio files and everything and still get the message some audiofiles are missing

I dont know what to do...

please help

thx