Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2023, 05:44 PM

Default Re: ILOK not opening pro tools 2022.12 on mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.d. finley View Post
If you are indeed attempting to use the machine based auth of ilok on PT, PT does not support that for Studio and Ultimate or whatever Avid calls it now. Only the intro version of PT does machine auths. A few other software developers also do not support machine based auths. Empircal Labs for example does not support it. IF that is what you are attempting it will not work. You are going to have to put your PT Studio auth on the ilok itself. If ilok is showing you an option for PT Studio auth to be put on your machine it must be an ilok bug. Maybe Avid is finally going to allow machine based auths in the future but it just isn't fully implemented at this time. Who knows, well I guess AVID knows. Maybe AVID could chime in here

One of Avid’s CEO’s helped me hit the right techs to call me.

I don’t have time to post everything right now but I will get back and share with you all what I learned that I wish I knew her year and a half ago. Hopefully I’ll be able to help other people from wasting time like I had to.

Special thank you to all who try to help me here

Talk soon

Peace ☮️
Old 02-06-2023, 06:35 PM

Default Re: ILOK not opening pro tools 2022.12 on mac

This morning when opening PT for the first time I got all kinds of iLook errors. It even seemed to think I was trying to run PT Intro (which isn't on that computer). I opened iLok Manager, it prompted for an update, I updated, I opened PT and everything was fine.