Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 08-21-2010, 07:32 AM

Default Unable to load LE 8 or 7

Hi

I have been having trouble with pro tools LE and hope some bright spark can help.
I am running vista SP1, my pro tools was working fine and I haven't used it for a while> I recently wanted to run it, but it wouldn't load. I downloaded the upgrade LE8 from my amnesty, but couldn't get that to install.
I now removed everything from my PC relating to digidesign and thought I would go back to LE7 which worked great.
When I install the disc I get a message saying

" digidsesign audio drivers appear to be installed on this computer, the protools driver versions are not compatible with installed digidesign Audio drivers.
Please use uninstall or change a programme control panel to uninstall the existing Digidesign audio drivers and restart this computer before installing pro tools"

If I go to the uninstall programmes from the control panel, I cannot find anything relating to digidesign or pro tools.
Can anyone suggest where I can find the driver or should I try to download and install LE8 again?

please help if you can

kind regards
Dave
Old 08-21-2010, 09:17 AM

Default Re: Unable to load LE 8 or 7

There should be an uninstaller included both on the PT7 disk, and with the PT8 download.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 08-21-2010, 09:53 AM

Yes indeed. Use that uninstaller to clean house. You say you have PT7 running on Vista, but Vista requires 7.4. So which version do you REALLY have? Also, did you have Automatic Updates turned on(for Vista)? That should always be kept off so a WIndows update doesn't screw up your system. Do you have any backup? Most of us that have been here a while, have jumped on the Acronis True Image bandwagon(or similar software) and have imaged or cloned our system drives. That makes restoring back to a known working setup, really simple and fast. Trust me, you want that(it would likely have saved you from all this hassle).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-21-2010, 10:40 AM

Are you running a 32-bit version of Vista? Do you have IE8 installed?

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com