Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 08-06-2020, 09:19 PM

Default Artist Mix bad ethernet port?

Hello,

I'm new here and have joined because I just picked up an Artist Mix controller from Reverb.com. To keep things brief - I'm in the process of having the serial number transferred to my name with Avid. I have purchased a single incident ASC and i'm in touch with their support team because of some connection issues i'm having.

Basically, the unit is not being recognized on my computer. I've tried it connected directly to the ethernet port on my mac mini and i've also tried connecting via a netgear ethernet switch. I have tried multiple cat5e pass thru and crossover ethernet cables during my troubleshooting.

The biggest thing I'm currently noticing is that not even the ethernet switch seems to recognize it the way it would with any other device because when I attach the artist mix to it - the LED for the corresponding port doesn't illuminate.

This has led me to believe it might simply be a hardwire issue with the Artist mix. Maybe the ethernet is faulty...?

To try and help answer anymore questions for those who read this I will list my system specs below. Currently I have the most recent Eucontrol 20.6.1 installed. I'm running the most current Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6 but i've also troubleshooted on the previous 10.15.5 build of Catalina. I've tried connecting using the DHCP mode and the static IP address mode.

Specs:

2018 Mac Mini
6 core 3ghz i5 processor
64 gigs of RAM

I'd really like to get this working and i'm willing to have the patience for it. I intend to speak more with support over the phone in the morning before I head off to work.

Has anyone else had their ethernet jack on their Artist Mix fail?

Thanks for any help you folks can offer!

Nick Landt
Old 08-07-2020, 09:03 AM

Default Re: Artist Mix bad ethernet port?

Which version of Eucon is installed?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 08-07-2020, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Which version of Eucon is installed?
The most current update. EuCon 20.6.1
Old 08-07-2020, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandtBand View Post
Hello,

I'm new here and have joined because I just picked up an Artist Mix controller from Reverb.com. To keep things brief - I'm in the process of having the serial number transferred to my name with Avid. I have purchased a single incident ASC and i'm in touch with their support team because of some connection issues i'm having.

Basically, the unit is not being recognized on my computer. I've tried it connected directly to the ethernet port on my mac mini and i've also tried connecting via a netgear ethernet switch. I have tried multiple cat5e pass thru and crossover ethernet cables during my troubleshooting.

The biggest thing I'm currently noticing is that not even the ethernet switch seems to recognize it the way it would with any other device because when I attach the artist mix to it - the LED for the corresponding port doesn't illuminate.

This has led me to believe it might simply be a hardwire issue with the Artist mix. Maybe the ethernet is faulty...?

To try and help answer anymore questions for those who read this I will list my system specs below. Currently I have the most recent Eucontrol 20.6.1 installed. I'm running the most current Mac OS Catalina 10.15.6 but i've also troubleshooted on the previous 10.15.5 build of Catalina. I've tried connecting using the DHCP mode and the static IP address mode.

Specs:

2018 Mac Mini
6 core 3ghz i5 processor
64 gigs of RAM

I'd really like to get this working and i'm willing to have the patience for it. I intend to speak more with support over the phone in the morning before I head off to work.

Has anyone else had their ethernet jack on their Artist Mix fail?

Thanks for any help you folks can offer!

Nick Landt
2 big things

•*Using static IP?
set computer ethernet to 10.0.0.1 and controller to 10.0.0.2, subnet 255.255.255.0

if that's not working, your switch or router might be claiming the 10.0.0.x series. I've recently had this happen.

If that's the case, set computer ethernet to 11.0.0.1 and controller to 11.0.0.2, subnet 255.255.255.0

•2019 Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W - 48 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 (OS 10.15.5) •HD Native PCIe, HD Omni, 192 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •Avid S3 + Dock •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •5.1 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

Additional Systems

•2010 Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon - 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native PCIe, 192 I/o, 96 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x4), McControl (x1), JLCooper Surround panner for D-Command ES, Avid Control •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •7.1.4 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

•2017 MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz i7 - 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native TB, HD Omni, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x1), McControl (x1), Avid Control * or * D-Command ES Main Unit •Fed into whichever system is the main system
Old 08-07-2020, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Young View Post
2 big things

•*Using static IP?
set computer ethernet to 10.0.0.1 and controller to 10.0.0.2, subnet 255.255.255.0

if that's not working, your switch or router might be claiming the 10.0.0.x series. I've recently had this happen.

If that's the case, set computer ethernet to 11.0.0.1 and controller to 11.0.0.2, subnet 255.255.255.0
Appreciate the tips. Just tried both things you suggested and the problem still persists. After speaking more with Avid support and a few 3rd party repair techs - we’ve chalked it up to a bad ethernet chip/driver set on the circuit board.

I’m returning the item to the previous owner. Going to take a break from diving into the work of control surfaces for now.