Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-05-2008, 01:36 AM
Sonic Nomad Sonic Nomad is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 226
Default Finally a Solution for Plug-in Delay Compensation!!!!!!

Auto Time Adjuster from Mellowmuse Software looks to be a solution to the lack of PDC in LE.

The developer posted the following yesterday on Gearstultz.com;
Quote:

"The current ATA automates the function of the Digi Time Adjuster across multiple audio tracks,.
example:
You start with an ATA inserted on all your audio tracks in the last slot, no plug-ins, and as you add plugins to each individual track you enter the reported delay into that tracks' ATA only, it talks to the other ATAs on all the other tracks and tells them to compensate for any delay you have created by adding your new plug. It means with say 32 tracks you make 1 tweak instead of 32. You can of course start anywhere through a project, but its easier to see whats going on stating from scratch.

I've just finished adding pinging capability and grouping - this takes care of busses and removes the need to enter anything - just one click and it all lines up. It does however take up 2 insert slots on each track, There's some testing i want to do but an update for ATA will be available early next week."

It is a bit of a bummer loosing two inserts per track to plugins that will "correct" an issue that should be part of the software.

Anyone aware of a RTAS plugin chainer?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-05-2008, 06:30 AM
barstool719 barstool719 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 625
Default Re: Finally a Solution for Plug-in Delay Compensation!!!!!!

Quote:
* ATA needs to be authorised in a VST host eg: Live, Cubase, Reaper, the "i" authorise button has been removed when using VST-RTAS Wrapper in ProTools, due to a bug that is currently being worked on.
from the site you linked
__________________
i7-860 / 12GB Kingston / Intel DP55WB / 500GB Barracuda / 1TB Deskstar W7x64
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 / Pro Tools 9.0.3
Mics, Guitars, Amps, Basses, Drums, Keys


http://overtheeffect.bandcamp.com
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-05-2008, 10:17 AM
pasanta pasanta is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 607
Default Re: Finally a Solution for Plug-in Delay Compensation!!!!!!

Quote:


It is a bit of a bummer loosing two inserts per track to plugins that will "correct" an issue that should be part of the software.


Why does this thing use 2 inserts? Is it because you still have to use the digi time adjuster?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-05-2008, 10:47 AM
therecordinghouse therecordinghouse is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Fort Wayne, IN.
Posts: 1,094
Default Re: Finally a Solution for Plug-in Delay Compensation!!!!!!

not a solution, a workaround at best...
__________________
Lynn Graber
Studio and Mobile Recording, Fort Wayne, IN.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-05-2008, 12:32 PM
mrjohn mrjohn is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: London, UK
Posts: 124
Default Re: Finally a Solution for Plug-in Delay Compensation!!!!!!

Quote:
Why does this thing use 2 inserts? Is it because you still have to use the digi time adjuster?
It doesn't. It only uses 1 insert per track. It does the time adjusting itself.
__________________
Mac Pro 2 x 2.8GHz Quad
OSX 10.10.5, PTHD 12.4.0
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-05-2008, 01:27 PM
pasanta pasanta is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 607
Default Re: Finally a Solution for Plug-in Delay Compensation!!!!!!

That's great. But where am I confused? The original info and post said:


Quote:
I've just finished adding pinging capability and grouping - this takes care of busses and removes the need to enter anything - just one click and it all lines up. It does however take up 2 insert slots on each track,
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-06-2008, 06:53 AM
mrjohn mrjohn is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: London, UK
Posts: 124
Default Re: Finally a Solution for Plug-in Delay Compensation!!!!!!

Quote:
That's great. But where am I confused? The original info and post said:


Quote:
I've just finished adding pinging capability and grouping - this takes care of busses and removes the need to enter anything - just one click and it all lines up. It does however take up 2 insert slots on each track,
I guess that's maybe for a new version, I was talking about the current one.
__________________
Mac Pro 2 x 2.8GHz Quad
OSX 10.10.5, PTHD 12.4.0
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-10-2008, 10:00 AM
Sonic Nomad Sonic Nomad is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posts: 226
Default Re: Finally a Solution for Plug-in Delay Compensation!!!!!!

Quote:
Quote:
* ATA needs to be authorised in a VST host eg: Live, Cubase, Reaper, the "i" authorise button has been removed when using VST-RTAS Wrapper in ProTools, due to a bug that is currently being worked on.
from the site you linked

There's an update out now that resolves this...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Plug-in Delay Compensation NHH 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 30 09-07-2009 01:56 PM
How much plug-in Delay Compensation do you use? Hear Me Shimmer 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac) 2 11-15-2007 02:09 PM
Delay Compensation Solution in M-Powered? fabriciom Pro Tools M-Powered (Win) 4 01-08-2007 07:27 PM
plug-in delay compensation nikki-k 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win) 43 10-24-2006 12:38 PM
Plug In Delay Compensation tj_davies Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac) 7 09-29-2004 12:51 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:18 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com