Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 07-25-2010, 05:51 PM

Default Re: Att. DigiTechSupport: 8.0.4 issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by luken26 View Post
Pro Tools LE.exe properties are showing version 8.0.4.240. Almost every application extension in the folder shows the same 8.0.4.240.

Guess I'll just stay with it for now. I suppose I could uninstall and reinstall PT 8.0 from the disk and go from there but there appears to be issues with the 8.0.4 driver.

Eventually I will go to Win 7 but right now I have a 32 bit machine so I'm not sure I will see any appreciable benefit going from XP Pro/SP3 to Win 7 32 bit.

How is PT 8.0.4 working for you?

Lou
unless you are havin' issues with your current setup i'd just roll with it...especially on XP. i'm diggin' it on W7 x64!!! i haven't had any issues other than the Reason4 thingy i posted about. other than that it's been rock solid. i think we'll all benefit greatly with the reduced number of OSes in the next update. the newly coded 8.0.4 drivers have not been as stellar out the gate as one/DIGIAVID might have hoped. solid for me tho but not all. for me, 8.0.4 is provin' to be the most solid v8 update yet...IMHO

The Basschakra Lucid Soul Trip

i7 Builds - Specs and Results

HDNative | Omni | i7-3930K OC'd 4.0GHZ |
ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB GSkill DDR3 2133 ram | mo' stuff
Old 07-25-2010, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykhal c View Post
unless you are havin' issues with your current setup i'd just roll with it...especially on XP. i'm diggin' it on W7 x64!!! i haven't had any issues other than the Reason4 thingy i posted about. other than that it's been rock solid. i think we'll all benefit greatly with the reduced number of OSes in the next update. the newly coded 8.0.4 drivers have not been as stellar out the gate as one/DIGIAVID might have hoped. solid for me tho but not all. for me, 8.0.4 is provin' to be the most solid v8 update yet...IMHO
I agree with you on Avid reducing the number of supported OSes. Even though I am presently on XP, it makes sense to me to move on to Win 7 32/64. I do mostly audio (old school musicians), with small track counts (usually no more than 24), at 44.1 so I have not been hampered with the quad at this point. I am however looking forward to a 64 bit Windows system the 1st quarter of 2011.

I have been primarily a performing musician for the last 40 years and started learning about DAW's on the advice of the head engineer of a sound company that worked with us back in 2004. I was ready to buy one of those self contained 24 track units when he told me the future was in DAW's. I was learning on another major DAW when time permitted through 2008 when I decided to make the transition to Pro Tools. I use it mostly as an audio software and editing program, not too much MIDI, so I don't run into to many problems.

I have 2 brother in law's that worked at Avid in Tewksbury, MA some years ago. One in the software division and the other in hardware. Maybe it was better times because I never heard them complain about their time there. I hope Avid does well in the future for our sake. I like Pro Tools and really do not want to start over. Not being a recording engineer, I find this stuff tough enough as it is.

Anyways, thank you for your time and input. It is appreciated.

I have a lot to learn and though I do read the manual, I find the input on this forum invaluable.

Best regards,

Lou
Avid Pro Tools Carbon, Eleven Rack (ERXP 2.0.1), Neve Shelford Channel, SSL Fusion Analog processor, Avid S1 Control Surface, Yamaha Montage 7 (also used as a MIDI controller), Korg Prologue 16 and Adam A7X Monitors.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.6, Logic Pro, VEP 7, Exponential Audio. Eventide, FabFilter. iZotope, McDSP, MDW, Softube, Sonnox, Soundtoys, Waves.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luken26 View Post
I agree with you on Avid reducing the number of supported OSes. Even though I am presently on XP, it makes sense to me to move on to Win 7 32/64. I do mostly audio (old school musicians), with small track counts (usually no more than 24), at 44.1 so I have not been hampered with the quad at this point. I am however looking forward to a 64 bit Windows system the 1st quarter of 2011.

I have been primarily a performing musician for the last 40 years and started learning about DAW's on the advice of the head engineer of a sound company that worked with us back in 2004. I was ready to buy one of those self contained 24 track units when he told me the future was in DAW's. I was learning on another major DAW when time permitted through 2008 when I decided to make the transition to Pro Tools. I use it mostly as an audio software and editing program, not too much MIDI, so I don't run into to many problems.

I have 2 brother in law's that worked at Avid in Tewksbury, MA some years ago. One in the software division and the other in hardware. Maybe it was better times because I never heard them complain about their time there. I hope Avid does well in the future for our sake. I like Pro Tools and really do not want to start over. Not being a recording engineer, I find this stuff tough enough as it is.

Anyways, thank you for your time and input. It is appreciated.

I have a lot to learn and though I do read the manual, I find the input on this forum invaluable.

Best regards,

Lou
hey Lou...just to add. i'm runnin' on an OC'ed Q6600 @3.28ghz, FSB 1876 and it's screamin' (ok not an i7 nor 6 core ). in fact i loaded up a session from a fellow DUCer who runs some big sessions (about 70+ trax total) and i was runnin' @30-32% system usage @64 sample buffer. so all that to say your quad should be good for quite a looooong time. and i definitely think W7 x64 is a BIG up for MS and for the audio community.

The Basschakra Lucid Soul Trip

i7 Builds - Specs and Results

HDNative | Omni | i7-3930K OC'd 4.0GHZ |
ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB GSkill DDR3 2133 ram | mo' stuff
Old 07-26-2010, 12:26 AM

Thumbs up Re: Att. DigiTechSupport: 8.0.4 issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
Trasher has 3 versions, one is for 64 bit 8.0.3 and up. Happy to send you the zip if you want.

Cheers,
turnturb off network adapters :computer:right click: select ?manage?: open device manager:select network adapters: right click on each adapter and select ?disable?.... this should resolve the clicks and pops.. net
Old 07-26-2010, 03:41 PM

Ran the trasher and rebooted and still have corrupted audio files in certain sessions that sound fine under 8.0.1. I'll have to try KB's trick or maybe revert back to just Pro Tools without any 3rd party stuff and try to find where things go awry. Quite a bummer after feeling all that power.......

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 07-26-2010, 05:23 PM

Is the clock changed on those sessions?

What about if you run them at 1024 buffer or lower?

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 07-26-2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
Is the clock changed on those sessions?

What about if you run them at 1024 buffer or lower?

Cheers,
From my experience, it didn't matter what the buffer was set to.. (mind u I'm talkin about 804 on XP as I hadn't had a chance to get back to the W7 partition after the runtime error started to plague me|a couple 2~3 weeks ago)

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 07-27-2010, 12:35 AM

I think I'll stay with 8.0.1. things are very nice while staying a bit "vintage"
Old 07-27-2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdx View Post
I think I'll stay with 8.0.1. things are very nice while staying a bit "vintage"
Vintage....NICE!!
Anyway, it appears(after further testing) that I have a single session that has corrupted audio(just ran 6 other sessions that all sounded fine). Since the only other issues I have relate to LLM(and I try not to use it anyway) I will work this setup on some new sessions and keep looking forward. 520 Dverbs is just too sweet to pass up. Now if Avid/M-Audio can square away my Trigger Finger, I will be all set(but I can work just fine without it). BTW, I seem to have better(more consistent) function with my Voce drawbar controller with DB-33 under the new setup(no explanation why, but I'll roll with it)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 07-27-2010, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
520 Dverbs is just too sweet to pass up.
HOLY FLAUCET

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)