Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2022, 01:44 PM

Default HD Native PCIe now running in Echo III Desktop with M1 Max MBP?

Hey guys!
Does anybody know what's the actual state of things regarding the compatibility / ability of flawless function of HD Native PCIe cards in a Sonnett Echo III Desktop enclosure connected to a Macbook Pro M1 Max (running ProTools with Monterey)?
I've followed the Thread about the issues people have with Mac Studios but I'm not sure whether these issues mentioned there are applicable perfectly for my setup....
I'm also running two UAD cards in the Sonnet Echo III....

I deeply appreciate if anybody could summarize the actual knowledge! Unfortunately I don't find enough time switching systems/cards all the time for testing - I still do all of my main studio work on my 5,1 and use the M1 only for office and some applications when I'm on the road....
Old 11-29-2022, 08:46 PM

Default Re: HD Native PCIe now running in Echo III Desktop with M1 Max MBP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Auer View Post
Hey guys!
Does anybody know what's the actual state of things regarding the compatibility / ability of flawless function of HD Native PCIe cards in a Sonnett Echo III Desktop enclosure connected to a Macbook Pro M1 Max (running ProTools with Monterey)?
I've followed the Thread about the issues people have with Mac Studios but I'm not sure whether these issues mentioned there are applicable perfectly for my setup....
I'm also running two UAD cards in the Sonnet Echo III....

I deeply appreciate if anybody could summarize the actual knowledge! Unfortunately I don't find enough time switching systems/cards all the time for testing - I still do all of my main studio work on my 5,1 and use the M1 only for office and some applications when I'm on the road....
The reports I've read only cite the problem occurring with the Mac Studio. Other Apple Silicon machines appear to be fine.

Mac Studio Ultra : 128GB RAM : Ventura 13.6 : Carbon : PT Ultimate 2023.12 : S1 : Metagrid Pro