Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 03-05-2011, 11:14 AM

Question Stereo eq plug in for 2 track audio?

Hey does anyone know of any good stereo eq plugin for 2 track audio? I get sent beats all the time in mp3 format and almost every beat needs and eq boost somewhere whether it be the highs or the lows. I need a stereo eq plugin not a mono...
Old 03-05-2011, 11:50 AM

Default Re: Stereo eq plug in for 2 track audio?

Pretty much every plugin ever made is both mono and stereo. You should be able to just open it up as an insert on the stereo track, the same way you do with a mono track. This includes the free eq's that come with Protools.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb11 View Post
Hey does anyone know of any good stereo eq plugin for 2 track audio? I get sent beats all the time in mp3 format and almost every beat needs and eq boost somewhere whether it be the highs or the lows. I need a stereo eq plugin not a mono...
By it's very nature the compression in MP3 usually throws out a lot of the highs and lows, So I would be inclined to just re-create the beats or if possible get them to send you a wav file at the resolution it was recorded at.
But as nst7 said you can use any of the EQ plugins that come with Protools or take your pick of the many that are out there.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD2 View Post
By it's very nature the compression in MP3 usually throws out a lot of the highs and lows, So I would be inclined to just re-create the beats or if possible get them to send you a wav file at the resolution it was recorded at.
But as nst7 said you can use any of the EQ plugins that come with Protools or take your pick of the many that are out there.
To make that a bit more clear, the compression is DATA compression, not audio compression(like with a compressor plugin). As said, most any EQ plugin will work fine on a stereo track or file. The stock Digirack EQ III is a fine plugin. Most will be very similar, with the exception of the Pultec, which is a different beast entirely. I can't live without my Pultec

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave